soft limit 2=Z
and soft limit 3 = Z

bat i dont now what numbers it is in the parameters

hi there can anyone help pls

i heve a Leadwell otb - ltc10b and i need to move the
soft limit 2=Z
and soft limit 3 = Z

bat i dont now what numbers it is in the parameters
Your almost impossible to understand, but I'll have a crack at it. I speak perfect gibberish once I've had a beer or two.

Surely on a "Leadwell OTb" That's a Fanuc control???

Are you experiencing a soft over travel alarm? 500 or 501?

Your Z travel parameters are 702 & 706.

I'd predict, if you were to hold both the "P" and the "Can" buttons while you reboot the control. That will turn off the software over travel check. And you could home out the axis. Its a dumb 2 axis lathe. Cant be that hard,

Yeah... I'm a bit clueless here too.
Perhaps the schooling here has really gone to shit and no one is taught how to type in a manner that at least SOMEONE can understand.

So you want to move your soft limits in Z twice? Or did you mean X and Z?

yes i need to move it on the Zaxis

i have 2 Alarm

(1)1002 soft limit 2
(2)1003 soft limit 3

when i Zero return it on Zaxis

Does that mean we confirming its a Fanuc OT B
Shut it down at the case / cabinet / main isolator.

Then re-boot it. Hold down both the P & Can buttons continuously, until the control completely boots up.

Then re-boot it. Hold down both the P & Can buttons continuously, until the control completely boots up.

See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo?

<Disclaimer> I have nothing against whatever kind of Spiritual path anyone is on. :D

See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo?

<Disclaimer> I have nothing against whatever kind of Spiritual path anyone is on. :D

Nah, I even have it taped to the side of one of my machines. It's if your machine,not a fanuc fault,is stuck on it's soft limits.

NOW if you hit P and Delete... THAT will send you on a spiritual path that might end in a few dents on the machine sheet metal from your forehead. (If anyone reads this PLEASE DON'T DO IT, JUST DON'T!)

I was trying to find the comment here recently, I can't find the poster but it's one of the smarter guys here from memory, that made a joke about people thinking that P & CAN can fix any machine problems :D

Nah, I even have it taped to the side of one of my machines. It's if your machine,not a fanuc fault,is stuck on it's soft limits.

NOW if you hit P and Delete... THAT will send you on a spiritual path that might end in a few dents on the machine sheet metal from your forehead. (If anyone reads this PLEASE DON'T DO IT, JUST DON'T!)

I was trying to find the comment here recently, I can't find the poster but it's one of the smarter guys here from memory, that made a joke about people thinking that P & CAN can fix any machine problems :D

That one I do know------"P" stands for Program as in all of them, correct? But I think it's only if you are in EDIT mode.

R

See, it's this kind of trash that makes it hard to love Fanuc. What is that some kind of Skull and Bones Society secret knowledge, or is it something you have to pay Fanuc for? Some ancillary add-on? Or is it just straight up bones shaking, poison drinking, chicken blood VooDoo
Its in the arse end of every Fanuc Maintenance manual. Those of us that fix them, its like butter milk. It might be under the guise of appendices. That shows you all the reset states. Possibly page 394 plus. It's barely Skull and Bones. All P-Can does is turn off software over travel check. Handy when you have an axis slip during transport, or be moving during an E-stop. I can't think of any other controls where the solution is so simple.

Different button combinations, will bring you a world of hurt. Best I know you cant delete the PMC ladder. Worst case programs & parameters. Stay away from using the reset button, as one of the two button combinations.

I've recommissioned a few machines, where a disgruntled employee has done a control reset. That's why we don't speak of it,

Back