What's new
What's new

Alarm 39-6 on 1999 750 Arrow

blue35mm

Aluminum
Hello,
I am in need of help with a new to me 1999 Cincinnati Arrow 750 with a A 2100 controller. I am getting Alarm 39-6 (Drives not ready) On the pendant It shows that the X and Y axis are up, but it says "Z axis not ready"
I have been through the hard ware and software searching for the possible problem.I have looked at the parameters for the z axis and spindle, and It appears that there might be some thing wrong/ missing from the data.I am going to list the things that I have that I have gathered from the machine. Maybe some one here has had the same issue, and can point me in the right direction.

1999 A2100 Arrow 750 with vickers servo star (Blue) drives

I have made sure that everything is connected that is supposed to be connected( Air, power, etc.

the controller,which has been retrofitted with an 8 gig solid state Hard Drive, starts up fine.

All of the green lights on the drives are lit

This machine is has a 6000rpm spindle with a Dropsa oiler. The Dropsa has not lit up at all. I am assuming that it won't turn on because of the drive not ready status??? I have kept Air pressure supplied to it.

After the control comes up, I push the green button, to start the machine, and the drives click on for a few moments. then, the alarm triggers.

On the pendant, the Z axis button is lit up, and It says "Z axis not ready" At no time am I able to move any of the axis via the pendant.

This machine has Scales on the X and Y, but not on the Z axis. It has Rigid Tapping.

In the parameters, There is a heading for"C" axis. I am assuming again that this is the control for the rigid tapping/thread milling option???

On the servos, the alphanumeric LED displays show a flashing "u"

Also, when I push the machine start button for the second time, the x axis slowly moves to the left. That is, until the machine alarms out.

One final thing the spindle fan comes on as soon as the dis-connect is switched on. the spindle is free, and not frozen. When I look at the "Cr" numbered led lights on the upper machine board,the "Cr" 12,16,17,are lit solid, and the "Cr46" Is flashing. Looking at the wiring diagram, the "Cr16" led is linked to the Spindle overheat thermostat... This might just be a loop for shut down that is only lit because of the axis not ready alarm... According to the wiring diagram the thermostat is a normally closed contact, so I am assuming that the led being lit means that the circuit is ok. I will check continuity anyways.

I have looked at the cables for the Z axis/ Spindle they are not disintegrated, but I have not checked them with a meter.

I would like to be able to check the parameters first before I start digging further.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. I looked through the archive and found some similar posts, as well as on other sites, but have not seen what I need yet.....

Thanks in advance for your time.

Ok Mike, I looked at the drives and they read from left to right as follows

X axis 1.

y axis 1

z axis 1.

Clarified; there are ones displayed on all three drives, and there are decimal points on the X and Z axis readouts are flashing. no decimal point on the y axis drive....

Any Idea on this?

We have been emailing...
I said missing y decimal means no enable (c3 pin 6&7 24v)
Ok Mike, I looked at the drives and they read from left to right as follows

X axis 1.

y axis 1

z axis 1.

Clarified; there are ones displayed on all three drives, and there are decimal points on the X and Z axis readouts are flashing. no decimal point on the y axis drive....

Any Idea on this?

Back