What's new
What's new

Amada HA-250 - Anyone have Manuals???

SteveinAZ

Stainless
I picked up an Amada HA-250 auto saw the other day, 1991 vintage - a friend is selling off a shop for a widow, and I thought I'd lend a hand and pass along a few bucks. Anyway, out of all of the old machinery, I think this was the only one that did not have any documentation. There are some old Bendix controlled machines with the documents, but not this lowly saw!!!

Anyway, an operator's manual and parts manual would be handy is anyone has one they could share.

Here's a photo of the control:
IMG_0132[1].jpg

Steve

We have a newer HA-250W and the operators manual is about 50 pages (looks similar to your control). If I take it to Staples and get it copied, bound, and ship it to you will you cover the actual costs? Also have electrical and parts manuals, don't know how compatible they would be. They are bigger, same offer applies. Willing to get a quote from Staples if you are interested.

Thanks to all for the quick responses, and especially to RJT for the offer to do a Staples run.

I called Methods yesterday and the gentleman I spoke with did not have any info, but said he would check with Sudbury, which of course I thought would not really produce anything. But sure enough, they had an operator's manual and a parts manual already pdf'd, so I now have them printed for shop use and back up copies on the network (or if anyone else may need them.)

As requested, a couple photos...IMG_0133[1].jpgIMG_0134[1].jpg

Steve

That is beyond clean! Did it come out of a museum? What a sweetheart of a saw. Alot of parts for that saw are getting hard to come by so be aware that those that really know Amada wont give top dollar for it. It looks like something some used dealer would put on ebay for $19,999.99.

I was in a one man shop up in phoenix a couple of years ago and the owner had a saw like that. He also had several moriseiki cnc lathes and some miyanos everything was nice shape but pretty old. He only wanted 2500 for the lathes. I asked him about the saw and he said he was keeping it. Is this the saw?

Well, I have not been scrubbin'...it was cleaned up a little I believe by the guy selling, but you can see quite a few years worth of coolant and chips that have collected on the base portion (but still very clean.) In all the nooks and crannies, it really is quite clean, and not too stained like it had just been cleaned up.

Kevin, I don't think this is the same saw, no Moris in this shop, more milling stuff, and many, many years worth of end mills and drills and...it goes on forever. A few Kennedy boxes, a couple comparators, quite a bit of basic inspection equipment. This shop was located on University just east of 40th Street.

Steve

HI guys, I know that this is an old thread, but I need some help. I am in desperate need of the electrical schematics for a Amada HA-250 saw. An older on, built in 1981. The control looks similar to the first post on this thread. If anyone has a set of schematics they would be willing to share it would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

Thanks for this post. Would it be too much to ask for better scan. I cant see some numbers on it. Thanks again.

Back