What's new
What's new

Anilam 1100 Settings on KRV 3000 - lost. (UK based)

Terminal_Crazy

Plastic
Good evening.

I'd like to ask if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

I have an old King Rich KRV-3000 3 axis milling machine running Anilam 1100M software.

I've just replaced the battery on the main board as the mill had been sitting for a while.
I've also replaced the SSR K2 on the 801 board as I heard a loud pop when the machine was switched on.

The anilam software seems to boot up ok.
When I release the stop button and reset the servos, the machine traverses X or Y until the max travel safety switch is pressed which immediately cuts the servos off.

I presume I'm right on the understanding that I've lost any saved settings for this machine.

I DO NOT have a diagnostics disk with this machine.
I'm fairly certain the floppy does NOT work either, but I've not fully investigated yet. I've never used it.

I've always used the machine by uploading the programs over serial link.

Anyone able to point the way please.

Thanks
Mitchell D. Crawford

Not sure if this helps but I have a complete 1100 control with documentation.
I think the discs are there as well.
My new to me mill had been upgraded to the 3000M control and the previous owner kept all the old stuff.
It is three boxes of stuff and you are a long way away. Like I said not sure if it helps.....

I know nothing about the control and I am just learning the 3000 control and how to run the machine. Also not a computer whiz.

Michael

Not sure if this helps but I have a complete 1100 control with documentation.
I think the discs are there as well.
My new to me mill had been upgraded to the 3000M control and the previous owner kept all the old stuff.
It is three boxes of stuff and you are a long way away. Like I said not sure if it helps.....

I know nothing about the control and I am just learning the 3000 control and how to run the machine. Also not a computer whiz.

Michael

Hi
Thanks for the reply.
I still need to check the servos are powered up properly.
Manual gives x lag error as soon as i move the table
Auto now drives the table into the limit switch so i think i need to play with the servo settings.

I've got some web pages to play with re signal adjustment & other stuff. just trying to absorb it all.

I have found someone local with an 1100M control but a different mill so I presume his settings are probably different anyway.
He is looking to see what disks he has.

Thanks
Mitch

I have a 3 axis ProMill. What does your friend have?
You can copy the s11confi.cfg from the computer if you have a blank 1.44M floppy disk.

I didn't realize the forum doesn't allow links. Here it is:
Backing Up The Configuration File

Before Loading New Software

1. The following is suggested if you have a problem and need to reload older software to check out the problem. The following procedure illustrates the method to backing up your configuration file.

A. Go to the program page by pressing the F2 key.

B. Press the F8 key 3 times in a row.

C. Your cursor should now be sitting on ..\ Press the Enter Key while sitting on ..\ .

D. Using your down arrow key high-light the file name S11confi.cfg.

E. Press the F9 key (utility). Highlight Copy and press the Enter key.

F. Insert a blank formatted floppy into the ‘A’ drive.

G. Highlight ‘A’ and press the Enter key.

H. You have just backed up your configuration file. You should mark this disk with what version of software this matches with. Any time you install an updated version of software you should do the same thing using another backup disk, not the same backup disk that you just made.

L. Leave the disk in the ‘A’ drive, we are going to put a printable version of the same backup for you to read if necessary. After copy the configuration file to the ‘A’ drive press the F10 key multiple times until you get to the main menu which has the Setup Utilities showing on the screen.

M. Using the down arrow key Highlight Setup Utilities and press the Enter key.

N. Using the down arrow key Highlight General Software and press the Enter key.

O. Use the down arrow key Highlight Printer and press the Enter key.

P. Change Default Output Device from PRN to A:11config.txt

Q. Press the Enter key.

R. Press the F10 key a couple of times until the question comes on the screen “SAVE CHANGES” F1 = YES. Press the F1 key.

S. Go back into the Setup Utility screen again. Use the down arrow key and Highlight Print Configurations and press the Enter key. This is going to save a viewable backup of the configuration file. If you ever needed a hard copy you could take this disk to a computer which has a printer on it. Using an editor or just printing the file you could obtain a hard copy of your Setup Utilities.

Hi Did you manage to get a copy of the configuration files I had to change out my cpu board luckily I managed to get one from a 3200 which the boards are the same I’ve got some software discs but I’ve lost my config files too I am in the uk and would appreciate any help
Thanks
Paul harnett

I got mine working. I'll email you the file if you send me your address. If you don't hear from me bug me again. I'm pretty forgetful lately.

I am in the same (I think) boat. I have an Anilam 1100M 3 axix on a SuperMax mill. My CMOS battery (Soldered in) died and I replaced it. I do not have a S11confi.cfg. disk and did not save it prior to changing battery. I don't think it would have mattered as the battery was DEAD... Not even any continuity. Anyway, it now gives me an "+X +Y HARD LIMIT REACHED" Error as well as not recognizing D drive. I'm pretty sure I need a boot disk or the file to reset things. Any and all help is appreciated!

I got mine working. I'll email you the file if you send me your address. If you don't hear from me bug me again. I'm pretty forgetful lately.

Hi

I recently just took in a Bridgeport with an Anilam on it but as most people say the CMOS (Dallas chip) battery was dead. we have had this replaced and now have a mechanically sound machine but as far as I can tell one with no software. it boots into some kind of setup interface where you can see the system but I'm unsure what to do now.

Can anyone help?

I am in the same (I think) boat. I have an Anilam 1100M 3 axix on a SuperMax mill. My CMOS battery (Soldered in) died and I replaced it. I do not have a S11confi.cfg. disk and did not save it prior to changing battery. I don't think it would have mattered as the battery was DEAD... Not even any continuity. Anyway, it now gives me an "+X +Y HARD LIMIT REACHED" Error as well as not recognizing D drive. I'm pretty sure I need a boot disk or the file to reset things. Any and all help is appreciated!

Check in your Setup Utility and under the Encoder Phase A and B, i had to set the z axis to inverted. I also had to set the Z axis to linear, it was set to DRO.
I know this is an old post, but maybe someone is currently having a similar problem and maybe this helps them.

Hi

I recently just took in a Bridgeport with an Anilam on it but as most people say the CMOS (Dallas chip) battery was dead. we have had this replaced and now have a mechanically sound machine but as far as I can tell one with no software. it boots into some kind of setup interface where you can see the system but I'm unsure what to do now.

Can anyone help?

When you boot it up, what does it show?
As soon as you power up, hit (F2). That should get you into the BIOS.
Set the time and date.
Go to the exit tab and set the CMOS restore to never then save and exit.
This should take you to the startup window and the Anilam SW should show up.
All your setup parameters are likely to be gone when you do this.

I have had the exact same problem on my mill. Did you sort this fault on yours?

I think I’m needing config file for it. Help needed.

Sounds like there's a lot of this going around lately as mine just bit the dust. I get the same errors as everyone else here described. Has anyone come up with the solution? I'm in the same boat with the previous owner never saved the floppy disk, so I'm working from what I can find online.
Thanks!

Back