What's new
What's new

Anilam 3000M Issues

joeby

Cast Iron
I've been helping a fellow with getting a Fryer knee mill back up and running. It was supposedly working fine at it's previous home; but is having numerous problems since being moved.

The problem started with the Y axis not working. He had then swapped the Z and Y axis drives and the problem followed the drive, so he sent that drive out and had it repaired. The Y axis was working, so he left the old Z axis drive as the Y, and put the new drive in as Z.

The Y started acting up again, it wouldn't move. Trying to jog it results in a following error. We balanced the drive, but still couldn't move it. Encoder is working and counts on the DRO, motor will hold it's position without drifting after balancing.

The same problem has now migrated to the X axis, which had been working fine. It, however, is trying to move as soon as power to the drives comes on.

We did check wiring, and everything appears to be intact, but I can't help thinking that something got joggled loose during the move.

Sooo, anyone got any ideas?

Kevin

Are you running this off a phase converter?

Coming off of the hard drive power supply, what VDC are you getting between black and yellow as well as between black and red?

When you say the encoder is working, is it counting in the proper direction?

Jon

Jon,

Yes, the encoders are counting in the right direction and the readout is working fine.

He's going to check the voltage at the power supply and let me know. The machine is wired to a 3 phase step down transformer for the 220 volt 3 phase. The control is 120, so he has it plugged in to a 120 volt outlet on a different circuit.

Thanks,

Kevin

Back