What's new
What's new

Anilam 300M homing issues

colmack

Plastic
Hi

We have an Anilam 3000M milling machine that will not home on startup.

When you turn on the machine it boots up ok until you turn the servos on then we get an asterix next to the halted display on the console which then refuses to go through the homing cycle.

This is an intermitent fault.

The servo pack show an error A10 when it fails.

I hope someone can help as I am pulling out any hair I have left

Just shooting from the hip, but did you make sure there aren't any chips holding down a limit switch?

Been there. done that; it can be the most baffling problem until you think of checking.

:cheers:

Yes the x any y servos are active but the z servo is not but does not state the servos are off on the control panel.

Does intermittent mean if you reboot it again it sometimes works fine?
I have a 3000M on a Roberts Topwell mill and the control does seem to have a few glitches.
Recently tried to boot it up and it would not accept the password, there is no password just hit enter (4 times) until it starts the software......
Rebooted and it started fine.

Why do I need a password to start a CNC control that is not connected to the internet? I could go on a rant but will refrain.

The previous owner had issues with the Z axis and the limit switch, I have not had it apart but he adjusted it and so far it has been fine. Occasionally it will go past the limit and I have to manually move it down to correct the problem. Happens rarely now that I have some time on the machine.

I hate that I have to home the machine after a reboot, do people just leave them on all night? If so then I would need to figure out how to shut off the oil pump.....

You should be able to leave the control powered up, but have the e-stop in. The Oiler and servos should both be off. The encoders will still know the machines position, you won’t have to re-home when you pull the e-stop out.
This is how the control is typically set-up, but the machine builder can make changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ripperj,
thanks for that tip. I have used the estop a few times but did not know it shut off the oiler. I will check that it does shut it off as this machine can be used manually so maybe the oiler is left on.
What I don’t understand is why the machine won’t remember its position if you shut off the control. Is it too hard to do computer wise or is it too difficult?

I keep saying I’m going to make a bypass switch that allows the Oiler to be powered without the control. There are times of times I need to face a block or mill a quick piece and I don’t want to cycle the control.

The machine does not have linear scales, it’s needs to be homed off the switches, then the encoders count tics to figure out its location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back