What's new
What's new

Doosan DNM owners

Djstorm100

Cast Iron
Those that have a Doosan DNM4500/5700/ Etc.

What do you like about the machine?

What do you dislike about the machine?

I'm looking at the S model

Just from a observation stand point, the cammed style tool changer I'm concern that for short ops the spindle will be waiting for the atc to catch up. More so with the 40atc that comes on the 5700S. I have a haas with the servo atc currently.

I believe the newer machines have servo tool changers. One of the other issues we found is that the newer machines now have doors that separate the machining area from the tool area. The time for the door has added a penalty. The way around that is to not only precall the next tool but to also prestage it vertical.

Just from a observation stand point, the cammed style tool changer I'm concern that for short ops the spindle will be waiting for the atc to catch up. More so with the 40atc that comes on the 5700S. I have a haas with the servo atc currently.

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHP! just fucking do it already! lol

I worked at a shop that had each of those models and they were brand new. Our 12 year old Mori NV5000's would run circles around these all day long without breaking a sweat. The Doosans are a machine that are bought only because they are cheap. If you want cheap, go with Haas. A better bang for the buck. They Doosans are not bad machines, they are just not competitive. The Haas machines are much faster and more user friendly.

I believe the newer machines have servo tool changers. One of the other issues we found is that the newer machines now have doors that separate the machining area from the tool area. The time for the door has added a penalty. The way around that is to not only precall the next tool but to also prestage it vertical.

How do you go about doing that, pre stage vertically?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worked at a shop that had each of those models and they were brand new. Our 12 year old Mori NV5000's would run circles around these all day long without breaking a sweat. The Doosans are a machine that are bought only because they are cheap. If you want cheap, go with Haas. A better bang for the buck. They Doosans are not bad machines, they are just not competitive. The Haas machines are much faster and more user friendly.

What year is brand new?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOLOLOLOL! haas faster than doosan... well it is april fools...

I've got a DNM 5700 that was purchased new in 2017. I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it yet. If I had one gripe, that would be the standard memory that it ships with and that's a Fanuc problem and not Doosan. It has 512K of memory and I like to do a lot of 3d surfacing. I have to change the I/O parameter and run it off a CF card if I have larger programs. It's not that big of deal but kind of annoying, it would be nice to transfer from the usb drive like normal.

Yeah? Go look at the Haas SS feeds and then the Doosan. Haas is much faster. Buying a doosan over a hass would be the PF joke.

i have a bridge to sell you if you believe the haas can reach those speeds at anything other than a long straight line. seriously, try it out for yourself.

I've got a DNM 5700 that was purchased new in 2017. I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it yet. If I had one gripe, that would be the standard memory that it ships with and that's a Fanuc problem and not Doosan. It has 512K of memory and I like to do a lot of 3d surfacing. I have to change the I/O parameter and run it off a CF card if I have larger programs. It's not that big of deal but kind of annoying, it would be nice to transfer from the usb drive like normal.

yup, my biggest gripe with fanuc. cheap fucks.

i have a bridge to sell you if you believe the haas can reach those speeds at anything other than a long straight line. seriously, try it out for yourself.

LOL. Do you even know what the Haas SS is? The interpolation feed is 833ipm. Let use see a doosan do that. Been there.

LOL. Do you even know what the Haas SS is? The interpolation feed is 833ipm. Let use see a doosan do that. Been there.

you believe everything ads tell you huh...
you realize that haas control does not show you actual cutting/moving speed, only whats programmed? lets see you interpolate a 1" circle at 833 IPM.

as to your question, i have a VERY good understanding of what haas SS (Slow Speed) is. we had 8 haas machines at our shop at one point, including a brand new UMC500SS last year. thankfully we're down to 2 haas machines now. got 3 doosans, matsuura, mikron and hermle instead. all LIGHTYEARS ahead of haas in every possible way (other than base memory in fanuc controls)

you realize that haas control does not show you actual cutting/moving speed, only whats programmed? lets see you interpolate a 1" circle at 833 IPM.

as to your question, i have a VERY good understanding of what haas SS (Slow Speed) is. we had 8 haas machines at our shop at one point, including a brand new UMC500SS last year. thankfully we're down to 2 haas machines now. got 3 doosans, matsuura, mikron and hermle instead. all LIGHTYEARS ahead of haas in every possible way (other than base memory in fanuc controls)

Was that a mic-drop ; I'm not sure... :-)

If HAAS had pre-tensioned core cooled ball screws and more powerful servos and drives ...

then,

they could have a faster control, but then it wouldn't be a HAAS. [it would be an expensive proposition.].

Interpolated + circularity moves on Doosan verticals seem to be pretty accurate/ pretty damn good.

"Peeps" I know running a bunch of Doosan's (local shop) used to grumble about thrown tools / smashed windows (a few years ago) but maybe the newer tool changers are more reliable now.

For DJ's applications is "Parasitic" time such an issue ? [Doing a run over night , multiple parts on a table ?]

@empwoer how you liking the Hermle / bold auction purchase - Heidenhain easy to navigate / get "sh*t" done ?

.......If I had one gripe, that would be the standard memory that it ships with and that's a Fanuc problem and not Doosan.......

Really it’s the machine buyer’s problem. Don’t know which Fanuc model the Doosan uses, but the last machine I spec’d has 8 meg of program memory on a Fanuc 30 series. Sure it was expensive for memory. In the bigger picture really a drop in the bucket.

The NGC definitely shows you the actual feed. And it is very fast. It's definitely faster than Mazak VTC, or Hyundai F500. I'd venture it's also probably faster than the Doosan. Is it more rigid, no.

Was that a mic-drop ; I'm not sure... :-)

If HAAS had pre-tensioned core cooled ball screws and more powerful servos and drives ...

then,

they could have a faster control, but then it wouldn't be a HAAS. [it would be an expensive proposition.].

Interpolated + circularity moves on Doosan verticals seem to be pretty accurate/ pretty damn good.

"Peeps" I know running a bunch of Doosan's (local shop) used to grumble about thrown tools / smashed windows (a few years ago) but maybe the newer tool changers are more reliable now.

For DJ's applications is "Parasitic" time such an issue ? [Doing a run over night , multiple parts on a table ?]

@empwoer how you liking the Hermle / bold auction purchase - Heidenhain easy to navigate / get "sh*t" done ?

ball screws and servos and drives really wouldnt fix it IMO, they're deff part of it, but the biggest thing is the actual software limitation of only 80 lines lookahead and 1000 block per second limit. if they increased that alone, their machines would be quite a bit more capable with even the same hardware i'm betting.

as far as the hermle goes, its one of the best purchases we've made along with our mikron. the heinyhein control is THE SHIT! i havent tried siemens but from what i know they're very similar/comparable and IMO are the best control money can buy right now, both as far as capability and user friendliness goes.
my only gripe with the hermle is 200mm max tool length :(

Really it’s the machine buyer’s problem. Don’t know which Fanuc model the Doosan uses, but the last machine I spec’d has 8 meg of program memory on a Fanuc 30 series. Sure it was expensive for memory. In the bigger picture really a drop in the bucket.

the point isnt that its a drop in a bucket, the point is that other controls dont scalp you for memory like fanuc. even 8 megabytes is laughable in 21st century when heidenhain, siemens, okuma etc come with gigabites. and for not more money than similarly capable fanuc controls.
greedy fucks.

Back