What's new
What's new

Anilam Crusader "M" power supply dead

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys

Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on a refurbished power supply for an Anilam Crusader?

Mine just pooped out, and ... well I'd like it back.

Ultimately, I am not against putting in ANY other power supply and I'll just wire it up, but the problem is that I need:
+5V, +12V, -12V, +24V and -24V.

I am either Google challenged, or these just don't exist in the wild.

Thank You

Nope, not the caps. ( at least not from what I see or smell )
I've had one blow up on me some years ago, and it was one of the large caps.
Doesn't look like it this time, though I have not yet pulled the PS out to look.

The voltage outputs are all garbage. +5V is .73 with the digital meter "pulsing"
The +12 and -12 is like + and - 2.3-ish, also pulsing.
Not reversing, so it doesn't look like AC would, but pulsing faster than the readout would update, so the bar graph pulses up and down instead.

Guys

Does anyone know where I might be able to get my hands on a refurbished power supply for an Anilam Crusader?

Mine just pooped out, and ... well I'd like it back.

Ultimately, I am not against putting in ANY other power supply and I'll just wire it up, but the problem is that I need:
+5V, +12V, -12V, +24V and -24V.

I am either Google challenged, or these just don't exist in the wild.

Thank You

What amperage do you need for each of those voltages?
There’s lots of power supplies floating around that could possibly handle all of those.

Might try Don Schoof at Measurement Technology in MI. I spoke with him in the last week or two. He has power supplies for the newer Anilam controls, maybe he can help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a couple of modular power supplies at home that have most (all?) of those.
I forget which brand it is, but it has a frame that you plug in different modules.
I’ll take a picture when I get home from my trip.

I honestly do not know what are the current requirements for each output, nor what they are used for.

Yes, it is the -24V that's the kicker.

On that thought however ... could someone answer this dumbass question:
I can get a PS to get me the +5V and the +/- 12V.
I can also get a PS for the +/-24V

So, What-If I get both of them, tie the grounds together and use the outputs as appropriate?
I mean most of my other machines have multiple power supplies with different voltages and current , and they must be referenced to a common ground no?

I honestly do not know what are the current requirements for each output, nor what they are used for.

Yes, it is the -24V that's the kicker.

On that thought however ... could someone answer this dumbass question:
I can get a PS to get me the +5V and the +/- 12V.
I can also get a PS for the +/-24V

So, What-If I get both of them, tie the grounds together and use the outputs as appropriate?
I mean most of my other machines have multiple power supplies with different voltages and current , and they must be referenced to a common ground no?

there is nothing wrong with your approach

don't confuse ground with common, they can be different or the same, just make sure

Back