What's new
What's new

Anilam help-copy block for canned cycle?

M. Moore

Titanium
Working with Anilam 3000, need more basic info.
I am just learning the control and appreciate the help.

I programmed a simple and different rectangular pocket at each end of a long part, all went well.
Then I wanted to copy a the whole block and continue the programming with the same cycle.
I could not figure out how to do that process, it should be easy?

It was not a huge amount of work to just write the canned cycle again but I think it should be possible?
Could not find it in the manual anywhere.

I wanted to just keep repeating the two different shapes so when I changed a part and the tool was at one end I could just start again without doing a full rapid back to the other end if that makes sense, part is 29 inches long and it seemed easier not to rapid all the way back.
Am I overthinking it? Less wear on the machine?

Thanks

Michael

I’d take the time to learn Fusion and just do the cam there. I have a Anilam 3000m and that’s how I do it , I save the cam to a floppy and jam it in the machine. You can get a USB disk emulator if you want to go that route.

That said, the control has a “Mark” and copy/ paste function, it pastes above the block that you have highlighted
It’s all under F9 “Misc” then F1 “more” in the Editor

I have a decent Fusion Anilam post processor that I can share

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It’s in the book :) , at least in the 2 axis July 31 2005 version , available online for free

Thanks Ripperj!
I figured it was in there somewhere but could not find the info.
There are no entries in the paper manual index for copy, paste or repeat, of course I didn’t look for the word “mark”.

A friend has Autodesk Inventor and it looks like a good program. Good to know about the USB emulator as I thought the floppy disk system was looking a bit old.

I want to learn how to use the machine a bit more before I start loading other programs. I have quite enough info to absorb at the moment. I have only had the machine for a month and so far it is all going well, just slowly.

Can you hook the computer directly to the machine? It looks like there is an HDMI or a modem port?

I spent a couple weekends messing with the conversational control, I then spent a couple more weekends learning the basics of fusion , and was almost immediately to the point where I could model up a quick part and be making chips in minutes or an hour instead of a whole day getting irritated at the control.

The control is pretty nice and user friendly, but so time consuming . The first time you run an adaptive tool path in fusion and it posts out 15,000 lines of code .. and it actually works on the machine, you will get a little aroused :)

Back