What's new
What's new

Anilam programming for beginner...repeat/loop/sub?

M. Moore

Titanium
Just learning and sometimes it is hard.
Mostly I bang my head against the wall because if the Z axis. I find that one to be the hardest to get used to, x and y are almost invisible now.

So, I wanted to do a hex shape on the end of a 3/4” x 3” long round part. 1/2” hex and length of about 3/4”. This will be to hold in a drill chuck once the part is finished.
I managed to get the hex shape dialed in on size using the rotate function. Took a few tries but I got there in draw and then cut a sample piece of wood. No problems and it cuts fine.

However it only has the option to cut to one Z depth in the sub routine and I can’t figure out how to repeat the cycle and just increase Z depth as required. I thought maybe 3 steps of .250 would work well.

I did try to insert a repeat loop and it did not go well. The draw program didn’t mind it but the real run went bad, machine error’d weirdly and the Estop button did nothing, lost all button functions, spindle running but nothing else. Had to shut down the whole machine.

I could post a pic of the program blocks so far if needed.

Thanks
Michael

Update,
Eventually I figured it out.
Set up a master loop to include the RMS and its sub #1 and set the master loop with z increment.
Almost sounds like I know what I'm talking about.
With a bit of tweaking it worked very well.

Well done. I could not tell which control you had from your post, so didn't offer help. I used a lot of nested loops and subroutines when I had my Anilam machines. I didn't use the conversational or parametric features. I created standard G code and sent it via the RS232, which worked very well. The canned cycles on those machines can be very useful.

Eagle,
I forgot to include that I have the Anilam 3000M, 3 axis control.
Interesting to know that you used Gcode and converted directly on the machine.
I read that it can do that but have not tried it as I don't have a way to write the G code.

Back