What's new
What's new

Another Brother TC-22a thread - NC function broken

Tichy

Aluminum
I know there are old ones. I have a couple specific questions tho.

We have a TC-22a. It can't use NC code anymore. Turn key to NC and it complains, I don't remember exactly what, but something about bad memory. Definitely error codes that make you think "this computer is broken", as in faulty circuits, processors, memory.

I know there is an option buying a board upgrade. However from what I understand replacing the board with a newer one is pretty tricky?

Would replacing it with an identical board in good working order be easier? Can you find these?

What are we looking at in costs?

This is actually an urgent problem. My colleague is retiring and nobody knows the dialog system. Yeah, I do somewhat and could learn it very fast if given the time (I refuse to bring home more unpaid homework than I already do,) but the others, no way. Most just hate the machine.

Getting the NC mode up and running would be a MAJOR boon.

I'm almost positive the circuitry is the root of the evil but if you know otherwise tell me.

Thoughts?

It's possible you can try to reformat the memory and re-input all the parameters/data. Make sure you are well below the max amount of available memory space with your programs. There needs to be a cushion on those older machines for data such as offsets. Data needs to be entered in 4 places, NC Inch and Metric and Conversational Inch and Metric. Any service support in Europe for you? Even if you change out the NC board you will still need to Format and Input All data. New required data could be different due to compatabilty of Hardware and Software. I have my doubts that the hardware is bad. I don't think the Conversational side would work either.

Thanks for the reply. I'm going to try going through all the available documentation, switch NC mode on and record any errors found and post them.

All I know when it comes to support is we've had people come take a look at it and they were stumped...

I'm a noob at the company, less than two years.

Edit, NC board? There's a separate NC board? Confused.

Ah *slaps myself in the face*

As you may be able to tell, I'm not too much of a hardware guy when it comes to CNC machinery.

what are the exact alarm descriptions (not just alarm #s) you get when you try to run in NC (gcode) mode? If I recall correctly just the tool magazine (ATC) data had to be reset to go back and forth.

what are the exact alarm descriptions (not just alarm #s) you get when you try to run in NC (gcode) mode? If I recall correctly just the tool magazine (ATC) data had to be reset to go back and forth.
I'll tell you Monday.

Back