What's new
What's new

Any Experience and/or Opinions on the Brother T-200A Rotary?

Nerdlinger

Stainless
We're considering an R450X1 and would need one rotary for each pallet (so TWO, total :Ithankyou:). We have two Nikkens in S700's and haven't had any problems with them but the T-200A's should be a little cheaper. Has anyone used them or have any first or second-hand experience with them?

Thank you!

The Brother T200s are excellent rotaries. Zero issues with the ones we have installed out here on S1000s, S700s and S500s. Seem large for an R450 though and I didn't know they had the cable packages ready for R450. If it is physically ok for you, you will be happy. My go to for the R450 has typically been the Yukiwa JNCH 170. Nice tables and great interface package.

4th and subplate R450.jpg

4th and sublate R450 (2).jpg

The T-200 for R series are going to be here in April but like Frank said, you really should lay it out before picking that table for R450. Fits better on R650. Second on JNC170 Yukiwa.

Don't mean to hijack this but ended up going with a JNCH200 for an S1000X1 we're taking delivery of later this month because the T200 was apparently backordered or unavailable for a few months and we didn't want to wait on it. Good to hear you fellas are having good luck with the Yukiwa line out west. They're a bit hard to find information on.

Don't mean to hijack this but ended up going with a JNCH200 for an S1000X1 we're taking delivery of later this month because the T200 was apparently backordered or unavailable for a few months and we didn't want to wait on it. Good to hear you fellas are having good luck with the Yukiwa line out west. They're a bit hard to find information on.

Congrats on the new machine and rotary. You will really like both. The H model Yukiwas are their High Speed versions with 66.6 rpm. They've been my primary go-to for about 18-19 years. Their US headquarters is in Charlotte, NC.. That being said, I wouldn't hesitate on a T200, a Nikken, a Sankyo or a Koma either. They all make great tables and plug and play packages for Brother machines.

hmmmm, thanks for the input on the Yukiwas and considering a smaller rotary! The Nikken180 and T200 DO both take up a ton of table space but we do some off-center drilling that requires a good bit of holding torque that the smaller rotaries don't seem to have. An auxiliary brake on the opposite side of the trunnion would probably do the job but the space (and extra hydraulics) that takes up may just justify getting the larger rotary to begin with. Thanks!

hmmmm, thanks for the input on the Yukiwas and considering a smaller rotary! The Nikken180 and T200 DO both take up a ton of table space but we do some off-center drilling that requires a good bit of holding torque that the smaller rotaries don't seem to have. An auxiliary brake on the opposite side of the trunnion would probably do the job but the space (and extra hydraulics) that takes up may just justify getting the larger rotary to begin with. Thanks!

Yukiwa 170 Table with ST135 side support. Both have brakes using air. Center divider has all the air inputs and electrical connections. Super clean and no issue with dills off center. We have done that set up dozens of times.

I bought the Yukiwa for the old day job on a 700 and it was really nice. We built a 4140 riser for it to get larger square parts to be able to rotate. The R650 got a Nikken but I didn't spec that - the guy we poached from Yamazen did. I think it had something to do with utility through the rotary that the Yukiwa didn't offer? That or just brand loyalty since he had done a lot of production setups with 4th axis.

Back