What's new
What's new

Any experiences with APT Machine Tools in Sanford, FL ?

mbraddock

Hot Rolled
I'm thinking about purchasing a Doosan subspindle lathe and want to ask if anyone has experience dealing with APT Machine Tools out of Sanford, FL, since they would be my local rep / service provider?

Thanks!

Mike

I work for Doosan. I have had a little experience with APT but I have a LOT of experience with Syracuse Supply out of New York. APT is owned by Syracuse Supply and they are a great bunch of guys to work with. I am an applications engineer and the the work I have done with APT was applications related. I will say I believe that group of people are very honest and straight forward.

Paul

I was the shop manager at Jet Machine in Sanford for a few years and used them for stuff like live tooling for the lathes, Indexable tooling and general shop supplies. We never bought any machinery from them but they seemed to be stable and know what they are doing.

On a side note, If you visit their showroom I recommend Willow Tree Cafe while your there. Definitely one of Florida's treasures.
German Restaurant | Hollerbach's Willow Tree Cafe | Sanford,FL

Es gibt kein Bier im Himmel, also trink das Bier, während du hier bist

We bought a doosan lathe from them little over a year ago. Sales and install went great. And if I have any questions I have the service techs number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all for the helpful feedback. It seems they should be able to provide good service and support, so I'm happy to hear that.

Mike

And last but not least, we have an applications team here in New Jersey willing to help. I'm sure in most cases, it's easier to go through the dealer but you can call here also. The dealer is always your first line of help.

Paul Anderson
Applications Engineer
Doosan Machine Tools
973-618-2500
[email protected]

Just wanted to close the loop on this thread. We purchased the Doosan lathe, had Vinny at APT perform the inspection and install, and couldn't be happier. He was extremely knowledgeable, polite, fast, and helpful showing us how to run the machine while he was here. We also dealt with Caleb in parts and Paul (LockNut) in applications, and they too were fast and helpful. So it looks like we'll be in good hands for support!

Back