What's new
What's new

Any LNS barfeed and/or Mits M70 experts here?

Volitan

Hot Rolled
We have an LNS Alpha ST320 that we really don't know how to use.
We can get it to load a bar, but then it just tries to feed it right through the end of the machine.
Playing with the "Top Cut" number helped a little. Is that the number from where the pusher first grabs the stock to your first cut?
Or is it an incremental number from the "Length Measuring Device" to the first cut?

I suspect its the latter because that would make more sense, but that device (a pneumatic door that the stock pushes down thereby tripping it's prox sensor) never goes up into position. How does that thing work? Is it called from a macro by the machine?

There were some issues with this feeder when it first arrived, we had to replace the main circuit board to get it to work. So we don't really know which problems are us and which might be the feeder itself.

Thanks

Not an expert on either. I have an LNS Eco Load.

I think the Top Cut generally refers to facing the beginning of a new bar.
My barfeeder is called by an M code from the machine. All barfeeder setting are internal to the feeder itself.

Mine reads off an encoder. It has a setting for the end-of-bar (not enough stock to make another part)
and a setting for how far to push to eject the remnant. These are user-adjustable.

It sounds like your barfeeder doesn't know there is any stock in it and is trying to eject a remnant.
Could have something to do with that prox switch maybe?

Also, my lathe has a setting to turn on if I'm running bar work to trigger the barfeeder when it reads the M code.

Don't know if this will help any.

Back