Any other good options besides Haas CM1 for micro machining?? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Follow up: ended up finding an amazing deal on a 2010 OM2A with less than 400 hours owned by a carbide manufacturer. Not parked, just used occasionally and looks and sounds new. Pretty Freakin nuts to not be able to hear it's spindle at 30K rpm over the FAN on my TM when it's between cycles.

Picked it up for half the price of a CM2 and purchased the memory upgrade from HFO today.

Working on fixtures then I get to see how close to the 5x faster (on paper) speed I can really get out of the 30K RPM. I can't get over how tiny those iso20 holders are. Fixture set up will hold 114 parts that are taking 6-18 minutes each right now. Even cutting time by 1/3 might get me back down to 12 hour days again!

Thanks for the input. Looking into those powgrip holders after I get a little run time for comparison

Wrong words courtesy of Tapatalk and Voice To Text. You bar well come.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Ontario
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kern EVO micro machining

Integral Machining Ltd – IML’s latest addition is quickly becoming our flagship machine and is rapidly putting us at the forefront of production contract micro machining. We routinely hold tolerances of +/-0.001mm (1 micron) and positional tolerances of +/-0.0015mm on an expanded beam connector.

Our Kern EVO is equipped with a full 5th axis dividing head allowing us to manufacture weird and wonderful parts that fit inside a 100mm cubed envelope. Contact us at 905.847.1565 or visit our online form if you have any questions in regard to our Micro Precision Machining Services and parts we offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by integralm View Post
    Kern EVO micro machining

Integral Machining Ltd – IML’s latest addition is quickly becoming our flagship machine and is rapidly putting us at the forefront of production contract micro machining. We routinely hold tolerances of +/-0.001mm (1 micron) and positional tolerances of +/-0.0015mm on an expanded beam connector.

Our Kern EVO is equipped with a full 5th axis dividing head allowing us to manufacture weird and wonderful parts that fit inside a 100mm cubed envelope. Contact us at 905.847.1565 or visit our online form if you have any questions in regard to our Micro Precision Machining Services and parts we offer.

Two posts, both digging up old threads to post your business info. I'm reporting this one, and though you won't be kicked for it, they will probably keep an eye on you. If you don't start actually contributing, instead of just shilling for your company, you're going to be banned from the forum, FYI.