What's new
What's new

Any source to buy endmills/metal on the weekend (Massachusetts)?

SRT Mike

Stainless
I am kinda surprised I can't find a single supplier who offers this. I am sure like many of you, I am at the shop on the weekends trying to get rush work done... I just realized I *don't* actually have the 60-degree dovetail cutter I need to wrap up a project I was hoping to crank out today. I am close to Harvey Tool but they aren't open, and I can't find any place I can drive to and buy what I need.

My question isn't so much about finding someone open today, but just in general... does anyone know of places that are open weekends where you can walk in and buy real industrial tooling?

And while I am at it, what about metal? I seem to recall Admiral Metals had their offcuts/overstock walk-in store area open on Saturday mornings, but I think that was likely years ago and they don't mention it on their website.

Maybe there's a biz idea for someone in there somewhere... of course would only work locally but I imagine there's a lot of stuff that doesn't happen on weekends because everything is closed!

I want to say the Grainger in town used to be open on Saturdays but it's closed now and has limited their hours due to the current health crisis.

Are you friendly with any nearby shops? Maybe you can find someone who has a spare in the size you need and order them a replacement shipped directly to them.

Other than Grainger I don't think there is a store in my whole state where you could buy an end mill on a Friday, let alone weekend, and Grainger usually doesn't have diddly squat on the shelves. Back in SoCal, McMaster was open on Saturdays and there were a few small independent places open a half day on Saturday, but the last recession wiped those places out.

I mean, if I had one it'd be yours but pretty sure I don't

rose's in gloucester used to have saturday hours, and used to sell some tools[30 years ago I bought carbide lathe bits and drill bits there]

Not helpful but I used to buy a lot of tooling at Chandler & Farquhar. That was 45 years ago in another life. At the time they had a store in downtown Boston and I believe they were open Saturday morning. Long gone I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back