What's new
What's new

Anybody repair Yaskawa AC drives?

cmccull166

Hot Rolled
Yaskawa wants a flat fee of about 1600.00 bucks ,I thinking if I was to chance it and pay actual bench time,the price should be much less.

Nothing fried I was warming the machine up and excessive current alarm came up.
I have a borrowed drive and it works fine
But their going to want their borrowed drive back:rolleyes5:

Not sure how they quote/charge things out but they are on my list try next time I need a drive looked at.

http://kwservices.com/

Edit:
I watched one of there guys work on a machine I was considering purchasing. I wish they weren't so far away from me, I'd use them for onsite repairs.

Are you saying Yaskawa gave you a loaner drive to use while yours is out for repair? Wow, whomever you borrowed it from, that's pretty nice of them to keep you up and running. $1600 for a warrantied repair doesn't sound like they're really taking advantage of the situation. New spindle drives are generally quite expensive. From my vantage point it sounds like the service is worth it to me.

EDIT:
I almost forgot to mention that www.galco.com does warrantied repair work on Yaskawa drives as well.

Are you saying Yaskawa gave you a loaner drive to use while yours is out for repair? Wow, whomever you borrowed it from, that's pretty nice of them to keep you up and running. $1600 for a warrantied repair doesn't sound like they're really taking advantage of the situation. New spindle drives are generally quite expensive. From my vantage point it sounds like the service is worth it to me.

NOT YASKAWA my local machine sales has a used machine in, they loaned it to me.
Expensive!!! new 6000.00

Im just thinking several hrs at a bench and parts = 1600.00 maybe I dont know seems excessive

EDIT:
I almost forgot to mention that www.galco.com does warrantied repair work on Yaskawa drives as well.

Thanks may try them if IES falls through

their is several companies that repair those drives you should be able to find one, but in all reality they are only a little higher in price by maybe 400.

We use a little shop here in Burlington NC called Vance Industrial Electronics. We had a Yaskawa rebuilt about 4-5 years ago. Still running strong. Only(?) charged us $800. There's a girl works there named Rhonda that did ours. Like I said, still running strong.

IES just gave me some reasonable quotes on drives for my Hitachi Seiki and Hardinge, but I haven't sent them in yet. Let us know how they do.

I've got 2 F7 Yasakawas, when one of them puked, I called Yaskawa, they diagnosed the problem (bad board), $300 and
about 10 minutes to put it in...

I'm not sure if all their products are like that, but it was one reason I went with that particular drive over the Baldor.
There is a ton of info and manuals on their site also.

Working with IES currently. I will let everyone know how it goes.

IEM sent my drive back But I wont get a chance to try it out till next month but hopefully I can press the green button and run .
Anyway
Customer service was excellent easy to work with unlike YASKAWA

Industrial Electronic Repair & Servo Motor Repair | International Electronic Solutions
Ask for Tyler

Hey guys!

Thanks for giving us a shot with your repair. Send me anything else you want us to look at. That goes for everyone here! Feel free to email me [email protected] with any questions.

I repair and also have several for sale at 1/3 to 1/2 of that.
612-889-6435
Korin Electronics Repair and Assembly
Tom

Back