What's new
What's new

Anybody use Hangsterfer's 5080 coolant

cgrim3

Cast Iron
I was wondering if anybody on this forum uses the vegetable based non toxic hangsterfers 5080 coolant? What is your opinion about it? Do you like it or not? We started using it about a month ago, and it is better than the trim e206 we were using. We were thinking about going to rustlick coolant but we decided on the hangsterfers 5080. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

Yup, they used to call it 787D and recently changed the name. Been using it over five years. Initially I had some rust problems, but that was due to hard water; I put in a DI system and they went away. Current batch has been in the machine for over two years with zero issues. No bad smell, no rust, etc. Mostly cut 17-4 and Ti.

We switched over our mill turn to 5080 a few months ago. More than satisfied with being able to use roll form taps in stainless without having to use tapping fluid and coolant blows off leaving the part pretty clean and free of oil. Only minor gripe I have is that it dries with very little oil residue and causes my way cover wipers to drag first thing in the morning when I start the lathe up. Ended up using a 50/50 water and concentrate mix to spritz the guards upon start up and its fine until I start turning with the coolant on.

Those of you who have used the Titan Gilroy kool-aid (blaser synergy 735), how would you say it compares to the hangsterfer's 5080. One nice thing I like about that synergy 735 is that it is clear, but I tend to steer clear of anything Titan advertises, except Doosan machines of course.

What's the point of asking opinions if you've already changed the coolant in your machine? Will you change it again based on the recommendation from some stranger on the internet?

Would you buy a car and then ask people if it's a good car to own? It doesn't make much sense now does it :dopeslap:?

For the record I use the 5080 and am quite please with it. I've never used Blaser 735 but anything being hyped by that douche Titan already makes me not want to try it!

We switched over our mill turn to 5080 a few months ago. More than satisfied with being able to use roll form taps in stainless without having to use tapping fluid and coolant blows off leaving the part pretty clean and free of oil. Only minor gripe I have is that it dries with very little oil residue and causes my way cover wipers to drag first thing in the morning when I start the lathe up. Ended up using a 50/50 water and concentrate mix to spritz the guards upon start up and its fine until I start turning with the coolant on.

Spritz?? You mean hobby clean..ha. Yes 5080 will grime a way cover and make it sing on your first couple of rapids. Good stuff though

Back