What's new
What's new

Anyone familiar w/ the 90's era HAAS CPU, CoProcessor and HSM option?

countryguy

Hot Rolled
I have tried this a few ways in the Haas forum and I know I am not asking right.. But will try here as well.

90's era Haas in our home shop possession. CPU board has a CoProcessor socket. This is a 68030 CPU and has a open socket for a 68882 Coprocessor.
  • Told that the Co-Processor was used on systems with the 1000 block look ahead (white sheet circled YES) as HSM of that day and nothing else. ( who really knows... Nothing documented exists on this.
  • Also told that the PROM on that CPU needed to be a version that was coded for, and used the Co-Processor. (that makes sense) .

On the versions installed. On boot up, a 9.x or 10.x would be typical. I was wondering if anyone knew the difference on 9.x and 10.x as well but that's a longshot...

Piecing together info from sites all over the world. Would love to go buy a newer unit. Just a Dad w/ a minted graduate in my garage doing a startup. I'm the janitor, repairman, a dbank for a short time.

Any info appreciated. And if anyone has a 9.x or 10.x prom or BIN file for coprocessor support (if that is true), I'm interested to know a bit more.

TIA
CG.

Back