What's new
What's new

Anyone got a roll of blank paper/mylar *NC tape* ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
I need to punch an NC tape, believe it or not. Probably got a blank roll around here somewhere but damned if I can find it. Anyone here got one, or know where I could buy such in 2009 ?

There are these guys of course http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html but I'm in no mood to pay $80 for something most folks would throw in the dumpster....of course that's partically why it's $80 since everyone has thrown them all in the dumpster and there is not much left I guess...

I need to punch an NC tape, believe it or not. Probably got a blank roll around here somewhere but damned if I can find it. Anyone here got one, or know where I could buy such in 2009 ?

I have some short rolls of paper, how much do you need?

i have a link for new here somewhere. I'm looking...

I have some short rolls of paper, how much do you need?
Just enough for parameters... don't know in feet but if like most parameter tapes, a coil about 3 inch OD x 2 inch ID...maybe more than that ID actually...

Would be good to get more than that however, in case I screw up the first attempt...

I have a couple boxes of black paper tape still.

As little as we use these days I'm sure we can part with a roll or two.

If your still needing any PM me and I'll get some on the way.

Last edited:
Do you have a Flex o Writer?

Nah...DSI 2400. Also the machine in question has it's own tape reader/punch built in.

I was thinking the Flexowriter was only good if you typed in the info... at least the one I owned was like that...only good for duplicating existing tapes or typing in new programs.... no good for machine downloads like parameters. For that you needed Teletype at least, or better...Facit or DSI units...

Nonetheless I wouldn't mind having a Flexowriter lying around as it's the one device that would automatically *directly print out* (type out, to be literal) the information contained on a tape, without any computer complexities involved. I guess a Teletype would do this too...

images

DSI 2400

Most of that stuff at www.westcnc looks just like Numeridex.

They've even got those little blue cups that I still have a two drawers full of never been used.

Now, if only they handled the Teletype punch machines. I dread the day ours quits working.

Thank you for the link Mud.

Now, if only they handled the Teletype punch machines. I dread the day ours quits working.
As late as last year they had a selection of "refurbished" Facit and DSI reader punch machines for sale... but I can't find the link to them now...maybe they sold out... Prices were pretty high...like $1,500+ or so as I recall.

$$$$!

OUCH!

Thanks guys, I'm gonna bookmark that page.

Thought ours died last week but we brought it back around.

Next time ...

If you're still looking, I have 4 1000' rolls of mylar and probably several rolls of blue paper. I'll never use them again. I think we still have 2 or 3 tape punchers as well.

Send me a PM if you can't find it anywhere closer to you.

Interesting the differences in CPS... from 30 on the oldest one, up to 400 on the newest. I didn't realize my DSI reads characters 3 times faster than the Facit...oh wait, maybe not...they only list the punch CPS for the Facit... I'll bet they both read 240.

(probably some USB flashcard/memory stick CNC users here who think we have lost our minds discussing such things... ;) )

I see the ID and OD for the paper reels, but don't see the width of this punch paper rolls...

How wide is the paper and how long does the roll have to be, to be useful?

I see the ID and OD for the paper reels, but don't see the width of this punch paper rolls...

How wide is the paper and how long does the roll have to be, to be useful?
I didn't put the width cuz you don't need to know the width...it's all the same...about 1 inch I think...

Back