What's new
What's new

Anyone have a post processor for HSM/Fusion for a Hyundai/Kia SKT 250?

Jaxian

Stainless
Before I get too far down the rabbit hole I figured I would ask if anyone knows of a post processor for HSM/Fusion 360 for a Hyundai/Kia SKT250 0i-TC? Generic X,Z no live tools, subs or Y.

I looked in their post library and all they had was a generic Fanuc turning post. Can't seem to find one elsewhere either. Figure the machine is not so obscure that someone might have a working one.

I did start the process of trying to modify that one but after downloading Visual Studio Code and installing the HSM extension as they direct. Then downloading the 177 page manual on editing post processors I have to admit I am way in over my head here.

I have been hand writing the g-code up to this point for the little simple stuff since I got it powered up a few months ago but the paying jobs are here and moving out of my basic coding capabilities.

I would just try it but they have dire warnings everywhere about using uncertified posts.

I looked at the output file from Fusion 360 and I can already see it doesn't seem to specify the gear it's in. The Fanuc course made sure I put M4x before every tool.

The machine uses M40 for low gear and M41 for high, which apparently isn't standard. They say M41 for low and count up from there. Also the M83/M84 for the tailstock lock is specific to this machine I think.

So before I try editing my first post processor and trial running it with limited cnc lathe experience I was just going to try a Hail Mary and see if someone already had a working post.

Thanks guys.

Did you ever find a post processor for you KIA? I have a SKT 21LMS with Oi-TB I need one for desperately for the same reasons you mention. Willing to pay for it.

Back