What's new
What's new

Anyone hear of this turning center, TTC is the manufacturer out of Germany

DaveJ-FTM

Plastic
Hi, This is Dave Jones from East Side Machine in NY. We are mainly a Swiss house but also have some twin spindle conventional as well. We've been looking at a small Twin Spindle Twin Turret Nak and now we have heard that there is also an excellent machnine out of Germany called TTC. The model we are looking at is a Spinner and its a 30 HP with boxways. Anyone have any input on this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

You have it backwards, the make is Spinner and the model is TTC. I have owned one, 2012 Spinner TTC 300, with Fanuc 31i large screen control, twin turrets (all stations live capable), subspindle and Y axis...that's an 8 axis machine. What is yours exactly ?

The main Spinner importer was in my state and went bankrupt a couple of years ago, (which is how I ended up with it)....so the problem is one of orphanage (parts, service).

But also the problem is the turrets are too large such that crashing is difficult to avoid and the subspindle is way underpowered compared to the main spindle. Otherwise, nice machine that with all options including chip conveyor and high pressure thru tool coolant, may have cost $300,000 new. Mine was pristine as new but had 2500 hours on It. Also the VDI 25 live tooling is impossible to find used in this country and naturally has a unique drive tang. Something unique with the subspindle chuck as well but just what I forget.

There is a PM member that owns two of these that might respond. He only owns two because he bought mine ;)

I would be other guy who runs 2 Spinner TTC300.
I can not say they are great machines, since we have better.
They are Ok.
Depend what you want them to run. As Milavron mentioned distance between main and sub is not suficient, so you have to be careful when ussing both turrets simulteniously . If you plan to have long running job on , there is always a way to make it efficient.

They are now being sold thru Other dupplier and suport is actually OK.
So far whatever i asked for i got it.
Parts are not radiciouslly expensive( dolar vs euro works for you )

I did not bought their toolholders..i am ussing mostly EWS? Live and static..

Any questions, let me know ;)

Back