What's new
What's new

Fanuc parameter backup

VSMI

Hot Rolled
I did a search but didn't find what I was looking for. I have a couple of Fanuc controls I want/need to back up the parameters on. One is a 0MC and the other an 18MC. IIRC, on the 0MC there is a key/keys that can be pressed such that all paramters including diagnostics and options bits will be output. I had this written down but can't find my notes - can someone help me on this? Also, can the same be done on the 18MC??

Thanks.

On an O, hold EOB, then press output start. Once output is pressed, release both buttons. That is while you are on the parameter page and in edit mode. To get the diagnostics, go to the diagnostics screen and press output. You can't get diagnostics and parameters in a single sweep as far as I know. The 18 shouldn't need that sequence.

If you want a full backup on an 18 to include programs and macros, be aware that the programs in the 9000 range (and sometimes also the 8000) are usually locked out. To get them to output, you have to change the parameter NE9 (and sometimes NE8).

You should also backup the PMC if possible.

On these controls I used to back up the programs (including O9000 and O8000), offsets, macros (a.k.a variables), parameters, PMC and ladder diagram. That way, if the control lost everything, I had everything to restore it.

I haven't done this for a long time as I'm no longer doing installs and service of machine tools, but IIRC, I seem to recall getting to P3202 Bit 4 to enable changing NE9. I think NE9/NE8 are in the same numerical zone, perhaps a page or two away. You have to first change the PWE (parameter write enable) to be able to change those parameters.

That said, there is also the option (on some controls) to do and SRAM backup which captures absolutely everything in one fell swoop. You might have to contact the machine manufacturer to get info on that one.

Hold the rightmost 2 function keys then power on... By rightmost I mean the right arrow key at the bottom of the monitor and the key next to it. This will get you to the SRAM backup page on both controls.

Hold the rightmost 2 function keys then power on... By rightmost I mean the right arrow key at the bottom of the monitor and the key next to it. This will get you to the SRAM backup page on both controls.

Also known as the "softkeys". Glad you knew this, as I'd forgotten. When I'm standing in front of a control it all comes back to me, but sitting at this PC I draw a blank. ;)

SRAM backups are cool because restoring from an SRAM backup works so very well.

Thanks.

Thanks guys. I wasn't aware of the soft-key routine, so I'll be giving that a try.

Back