What's new
What's new

Anyone using Orange Vise 5-AX compact vise?

Rstewart

Stainless
Just placed an order from OrangeVise for two- 6" x 17.5" single station vises and one of the compact 4" x 6" 5-axis vises. The compact vise is going to be paired with our HRT210HT via the OrangeVise Delta Zero Point System.

Anyone have any first-hand experience with these?

Thanks,

Hmm... no replies yet, so I'll bite.

I think they're amazing!!! :crazy:

On a more serious note:

- I designed them to be operator friendly. They go from open to fully tightened in 1/4 turn of the main screw

- A 7/16" 12-point socket is included. The best handle to use is a 3/8" breaker bar and/or a torque wrench

- The logic behind the serrated fixed jaw design is that they're a true fixed jaw vise and they clamp 2-3 times as hard as a self centering vise

I purchased the 4 x 6 compact vise a few weeks and ago. Just started to use it this week. Realized with some disappointment that I can't clamp material between the sizes of 2.38" and 2.63". I have both Type A and B master jaws. I am hoping maybe Orange Vise may reply and let me know it's user error. But if I am correct it really sucks due to having lots jobs I run have 2.50" stock width! Other than this issue so far the thing works great and looks very nice. Next time I will look closer at the specs.

I got a 4x9" a short time ago. Just setting it up for my first job with it. Needed to make a spacer for it first so I could have operations with toolpaths that extended around the back side of the part. Also to keep the spindle away from the 4th. Seems like a very well made vise.

20200724_190127.jpg

20200724_190151.jpg

20200720_010019.jpg

20200720_010034.jpg

Just placed an order from OrangeVise for two- 6" x 17.5" single station vises and one of the compact 4" x 6" 5-axis vises. The compact vise is going to be paired with our HRT210HT via the OrangeVise Delta Zero Point System.

Anyone have any first-hand experience with these?

Thanks,

i have 3 of them, and i love them!

only thing is, if you want to grab larger stock, you cant reverse the jaws, need to get type b jaws. otherwise they're badass!

Back