What's new
What's new

App for used CNC machine buying

There are a number of machine tool dealers out there, and some of them are reasonably upfront with their pricing. Two I have used are resellcnc.com and CNCMachines.net since they're both local-ish to me.

Their websites are both pretty good, resellcnc just requires you to sign up and be approved (basically verify you're not just a bot) and then you can view pricing on everything. They call and email a lot, but if you're serious about buying something just let them know exactly what your'e looking for and they will only bug you with relevant stuff.

cncmachines.net is upfront with prices on their site, and can usually get you more pictures and info on stuff you're interested in. I bought a used VMC from them recently and they were super flexible and accommodating.

Neither of them are "apps" per se, but they at least have real people on the other end and don't play pricing games with you. I also saw some of the same machines on Ebay via other dealers for much higher prices, so I suspect the price is the price but it's already on the lower end of what you're going to get via a dealer. Might be able to find cheaper buying direct, but that'll be more work to find and compare your options.

In any case, no affiliation with either of them, just happy with my experiences

I’ve been using Great American since the 90s and they have never steered me wrong and actually knew what they were selling.
geac.com

I wished used machinery selling wasn't such a cat and mouse sport. Used machinery dealers (Virtually 100% of them) never even turn a machine on or check it. They simply market a machine. Cant blame them its the easiest path. But if you are looking for used equipment you can throw a pair of old socks out of school bus window and hit a used machine. So many great market places exist. Ebay, Machine tools...ect .ect. Lots of ways to get into a used machine.

...Used machinery dealers (Virtually 100% of them) never even turn a machine on or check it. They simply market a machine...

I agree, can't blame them...until you see that they're listing a 10 year old machine for 90% of what it's currently selling for new. At least, that's how it feels when I see most listings of Haas machines on eBay which are clearly coming from a reseller.

I agree, can't blame them...until you see that they're listing a 10 year old machine for 90% of what it's currently selling for new. At least, that's how it feels when I see most listings of Haas machines on eBay which are clearly coming from a reseller.

When I first started looking at VMC's I was looking at used ones and of course started checking out used Haas.

I almost immediately disregarded them as reasonable purchases as they were very expensive around here. I am talking a very large percentage of the price of a new machine.

Maybe it's just my area but the used prices of dealers on Haas machines pushed me to just forget about used and start looking at new machines.

We actually do check the machine out before we resell it. I didn't realize this forum would turn negative so quickly. I really was just trying to connect people looking for machines with machines. I didn't mean to upset anyone. But I hope you all have a good day.

There are used machines that will save you a lot of money if you know where to look for them. The problem is that many people refuse to look at exploited machines because they think they are old and need to be serviced first. Some used machines indeed cost more than new ones do new, but you can get used equipment twice as good for a fraction of the cost. You can visit this platform full of used up spammers that you can buy online. I always get from here what I need, and I am happy with their services.

This is another "fly catching" thread.....like manure....:D
Frank Bonner is dead.

Back