What's new
What's new

Asiatic Tool steel supplier ...

andre detry

Plastic
Hi everyone !!! .We are a small company located in Guatemala, manufacturing dies and punches for plastic fims. We have problem for finding tool steels here.
Could someone recommend me a company (preference Taiwan, or Korea ...may be China ? )where to import/buy tool steel like D2, D6 ...

Given that you're in Central America, why not look at US or CenAm suppliers for tools steels? At least with a US supplier you'll have good confidence in the composition and HT of the material you'd be getting.

unreal... are you serious? "ASIATIC?

I don't see a problem with it: Asiatic | Definition of Asiatic by Merriam-Webster

And as for the offensive connotation.... Well, I'm Asian, I understand that English probably isn't this dude's first language, he probably didn't mean it offensively, and he STILL speaks better English than half the members who post regularly in the garbage politics threads.

Wait...is Asiatic offensive now? I thought that described a geographical region on the planet...not a person or persons?

Have we reached a point where I no longer care? Yes, yes we have.

Given that you're in Central America, why not look at US or CenAm suppliers for tools steels? At least with a US supplier you'll have good confidence in the composition and HT of the material you'd be getting.

Me thinks (seeing how the OP was very specific on supplier locations) that politics are involved.

Either importation restrictions, tariffs, or what ever, the cost's for such might well be less, for several reasons.

FWIW I would like the OP to post some more about their shop, some pix, the work they doo etc.

Wait...is Asiatic offensive now? I thought that described a geographical region on the planet...not a person or persons?

Have we reached a point where I no longer care? Yes, yes we have.

I don't think it's offensive. The link I shared that shows it's a part of the English language, regardless of how Cyanide Kid feels about it, says that in modern usage it mainly has a negative connotation. I've always understood it to refer to geography. Apparently if you use it to refer to a person (like myself), it can be taken as offensive... Same way Oriental is ok to describe a rug, but not someone with eyes like mine. Like I said, I don't care, I was just pointing it out, in case that was the part CK had an issue with.

and he STILL speaks better English than half the members who post regularly in the garbage politics threads.

You said a mouth full there! I'm still looking for a way to make that sub forum not show up.

I was very serious ....I would like to find a steel made in Taiwan Or Korea and I guess most of the steels in the US market are made in Asia ....

I am sorry ...I never had the intention to be offensive !!!I am of course talking of the geographic zone ( and I said ; taiwan, korea ...) !! But I still don´t understand !!! Why can I say an "AMerican steel", a "german steel" and why I can NOT a "asiatic steel" ??? If someone could explain ...thanks

I am sorry ...I never had the intention to be offensive !!!I am of course talking of the geographic zone ( and I said ; taiwan, korea ...) !! But I still don´t understand !!! Why can I say an "AMerican steel", a "german steel" and why I can NOT a "asiatic steel" ??? If someone could explain ...thanks

You said nothing wrong.

You Shirley (oops "surely" channeling Ox here) can.

No offense taken.

What sizes of materials ?

Maybe someone here could "flat rate box" pieces cut for you ?

I tried with Crucible a couple of years ago, but it is too expensive ...
Also with stock holders in Miami ...
So I inpoort from Germany ( doerrenberg) ....but we found a lot of HUGE porosity in the center of the bars !!!
I can´t imagine that this is a german or east european steel. I could easily imagine they had a bad surprise with their cheap steel supplier in China...
It´s the reason why I don´t believe anymore in the german quality , at least for those "simple D2" steels !!!

I mean : if you want a small car ,the asiatic car is your best choice ....

I am sorry for my bad english ..I hope I did not offend nobody . It´s just my point ...and I am still looking for a D2 supplier in Taiwan :)

that is a good idea ..may be I could post the list of the material we need !!

Or....there are plenty of plastic shops here, have them rough out the blocks (not adding too much cost) and that should lower the shipping
costs further.

Back