What's new
What's new

Atrump bed mill gibb adjustment help needed

Uguessedit

Aluminum
I have an Atrump BF6c bed mill and need to adjust the Z axis box ways. The X was simple for me with twin dovetail gibs on each end and it adjusted fine while indicating to .0004. From what I understand on the z axis there is more to it. I have the factory manual and it doesn’t explain the process and it only shows two of the 6 screws that’s exist. So on the outside of each box way is a screw at top and a screw at bottom totaling 4. On the left inside there is one on top and one on bottom. This looks to me alot like the Fadal manual online shows and they’re the only ones I could find that closest resembled and actually had detailed instructions. I have a significant amount of play and i probably have to replace the ballscrew so the dealer is aware and ordering a ground screw later this week however the Gibbs are clearly loose from moving the machine during transport I believe the movers had loosened them among many other components they didn’t put back on the machine that disappeared, like wipers, way cover hardware, etc... anyways if someone could possibly explain this clearly so I understand that would be great. The distributors And their technicians that sold the machine to me don't know how to adjust boxed ways. Somewhat Surprised they sell cnc machinery. I suspect that it needs to be squared and indicated by the outside 4 corners and a final adjustment by the two inside screws top left and bottom left. I’ve never adjusted boxed ways myself so I’m not familiar with the Gibbs, how they work, etc.., and a very visual person when it comes to learning. If someone can shed some light on the process or if it’s similar to Fadal please let me know. Thank you.

Back