What's new
What's new

Backplotter for program verification

Bwana Don

Plastic
Hi Guys

Who uses a backplotter for CNC program verification. I run Fanuc mills with Macro B. I'm currently using NC Plot and although it works I find myself fighting with the software as much as I do my macro programs. I think I've outgrown it and need something a little more robust.

I've downloaded CNC Cookbook's G-Wizard and I'm trying it out right now. I'm having trouble passing a variable through to to a sub program. My program is right but the software is giving me an error. I've put an email in to them and it's been a few days. Haven't heard a thing yet.

I'll spend a few bucks on software, I need it to be fast and good. I do all my programming by hand. We are an OEM and I'll run the same parts and same program for years. if it can also do the old Fadal 88Hs programs I would be very happy. I usually run them at the controller in graphics which is not as convenient as sitting at my desk.

Thanks
Don

Don,
NCPlot is an exceptionally fine piece of software. You'll find a lot of support for it here...

I've deleted it and reinstalled it. It seems to be working ok today. I had a couple of days where I was pulling my hair out to get it to run. It kept locking up when I moved the variable display toolbar. Then I'd have to reload the program. It was very frustrating. I also had V2.31 and V2.34 on my machine. I wiped them all out and did a fresh reload. All is well.

Thanks for the reply. One of my employees told me to relax, chill out. Maybe I need to go fishing. lol

Don

I've deleted it and reinstalled it. It seems to be working ok today. I had a couple of days where I was pulling my hair out to get it to run. It kept locking up when I moved the variable display toolbar. Then I'd have to reload the program. It was very frustrating. I also had V2.31 and V2.34 on my machine. I wiped them all out and did a fresh reload. All is well.

Thanks for the reply. One of my employees told me to relax, chill out. Maybe I need to go fishing. lol

Don

I was having the same issue for a bit. Email the author, Scott Martinez, and explain your issues. He's very helpful and motivated to fix any bugs in his software.

Back