What's new
What's new

Bandit Controller Electrical Schematic needed for Shizouka AN-S CNC Knee Mill

Bravo81bw

Plastic
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone has the electrical schematic for the Summit/Dana Bandit controller on a Shizouka AN-S CNC knee mill. This machine is from the 1979-1980.

The sticker on the bandit controller has the following information.

Model No.: 21-300-33 ?
Serial No.: 803445
115 VAC, 60 HZ
I’m not sure if these numbers are correct as they are very hard to see
See attached photos20190918_000008.jpg

Currently, when I turn on the controller the following lights turn on.
1. Contouring Entry
2. -DN
3. /Shift
4. Reload
Please see attached photo.
20190917_222505.jpg

At the same time the X and Y-axis motors shake rapidly back and forth.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Don

Try a search for Len Albright, Albright's CNC Support Services. He's helped me out with the old Bandit controller. He's very knowledgeable & good to deal with.

J.

no help at all-but surprised how 2 california. shiz posts show up simaltaneously--i'm in sebastopol-where are you and yours?--pat

If no one else can help you get back to me. I had one with all the manuals and the guy I sold it too likely still has the manuals and the entire controller too as he retrofitted it with AB controls.

There's a lot of CNC stuff that doesn't surprise me it still runs and people still use it all the time.

A Bandit Shizuoka does not fall into that category.

That thing holds like 4 lines of code in it's memory. I hope it doesn't have a toolchanger. If it does, realize that toolchanger is what Fadal built it's empire on.

I'm in Oakley/Brentwood area. I got the machine from a machine shop in Concord making aerospace parts.

-Don

It has a tool changer.s-l1600.jpg I replaced all the seals/o-rings in the air valves20200118_202326.jpg20200119_014329.jpg, arm, and pneumatic ram20200119_212143.jpg. It seems to be working fine in local mode. Well, so far.

-Don

Hi Gary,

I have the following manuals for the machine:

1. The instruction manual from Shizuoka20190516_214548.jpg
2. The tool changer operation manual
3. The Danetics Mill Bandit Programming Manual

I really only need the schematic for the controller. But if he is willing to part with the controller manual, I'll take it. If he asks, I'm willing to pay for a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Don

No help here, but you sure bring back memories. I cut my teeth on that mill bandit control. Got parts from Albright, mentioned above.

I used it hard for 20 years, never had an issue with the control. With a whole 50K of memory, I got good at writing looping gcode to save program space.

I did upgrade the mill to a new refit control in 2002. I would suggest you consider doing the same.

Back