What's new
What's new

Barfeeder stuck

Crnorizec

Plastic
Hi y'all

Ok i have problem with lns quick load servo s3 barfeeder. Everything was just fine, till the moment i run out of the bars. When i load the new bars (same like ones before) in the barffeder. Barfeeder went in STOP MODE with message BAR FEEDER IS NOT READY giving me option to go in MANUAL MODE. In manual mode everything is ok and says BAR DETECTED. The problem is that there is no bar in the machine (Doosan Puma 3200).I remove the bars from loader but i steel get the same message. I try with restarting the program - same situation. Restarting the bar feeder alone - same problem. I even restart he machine - same problem. Bar feeder is in upper position stuck and i cannot get him down so the loading can start in AUTO mode. In manual mode i can move forward and backward but that do not help either. So i am stuck in STOP MODE....

Move the pusher all the way forward, then move it all the way back. Now you should see the down arrow and you can move to the lower position.

Yeah.

It doesn't want to go down until it knows that the upper slide is clear.
So you need to move the "flag" all the way forward until it stops at the end, THEN you can come back and then down.

I like this guy already! :D
A Slavik redneck!

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hi guys ... Slavic redneck ... well...that is good one ..:):D:) Thank you ... My father is Texan ...

However i try the advice of both of you and NOTHING. I do not get a arrow directing down.

When you git all the way forward, and you let up, does the fwd button dissappear and only show a rev arrow?

If not - maybe you are obstructed from going full fwd?
Are you sure that your loading flag isn't hitting the bar that is already loaded possibly?

How long has this barfeeder been hooked up to this machine?
How long have you been running it?

3rd shift on sat night?
Must be hot parts eh?

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

The bar feeder is all the time in up position.There is no bar in bar feeder or the machine - i remove them all. Going all the way forward giving me option to go back when i go back i have only one option to go forward - all that happens in manual mode. Otherwise i have screen stating that i am in STOP MODE saying bar feeder is not ready and giving me option to go in manual mode. When i am in manual mode says bar detected and gives me above options (to go backward or forward nothing else).

When you git all the way forward, and you let up, does the fwd button dissappear and only show a rev arrow?

Going all the way forward giving me option to go back when i go back i have only one option to go forward

When i am in manual mode says bar detected and gives me above options (to go backward or forward nothing else).

Al indicators here say that the PLC is seeing a high signal from the prox switch at the front of the feeder.
This is the prox that "measures" the bar length when loading a new bar.
It should be mounted on the inside of the front panel, just above the hole for the bar to pass through. "Front" being the closest panel to the lathe.

If the front prox stays high after pulling your loading flag back, then it assumes that there is an obstruction of some sort still in the way, and thus - it will not allow the channel to drop.

Maybe the prox needs cleaned off?
Maybe it is bad?

Pass your finger or a tool under it, and see if it lights up?
Or - more apparent - it seems that it is already lit up.
There should be an indicator light on it somewhere that will show a high signal.

Now - if you CAN move your finger under it (it's not gunna bite you) and make it go on and off (showing that it is NOT throwing a high signal constantly) then I'm not sure what to think?

Doo you have the lid up so that you can see what's going on?
If you doo, you will likely need to zip tie the limit switch for the lid to be able to work the unit and be able to see the prox.

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Thank you

Thank you a lot for the help. The problem is solved. Bar feeder was up so i was not able to see the upper part of LNS quick load 3. Today i remove the remote control unit from the dock open front glass door and in the right corner where prox sensor is located i saw that plastic guide for bar pusher fell off. On that way the pusher was hitting in the frame and give signal that bar stock is in the machine. On the image is how should be after i put him back (putting him back was easy just push him on his spot with hand). IMG_20190121_064815.jpg After that i move the flag backward then forward and get the option to lower the barfeeder. Then everything was working fine. THANK YOU A LOT

I have a LNS MOVE bar feeder that keeps giving me a "close main cover to resume operations" message. I have changed SQ11 & SQ17 switches and this still didnt fix it. I have also swapped the pendant out thinking I was getting a bad signal. Really Stumped here. I have called Tech support and all the guy can tell me is that it "HAS TO BE THE SWITCHES". I am up for any advise that anyone has to offer. Thanks

I have a LNS MOVE bar feeder that keeps giving me a "close main cover to resume operations" message. I have changed SQ11 & SQ17 switches and this still didnt fix it. I have also swapped the pendant out thinking I was getting a bad signal. Really Stumped here. I have called Tech support and all the guy can tell me is that it "HAS TO BE THE SWITCHES". I am up for any advise that anyone has to offer. Thanks
Edit / DeleteEdit Post Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Maybe an adjustment issue?
Have you qualified that the PLC sees the switch?
Are you seeing the INPUT light turn on?

gossip.gif

Zip ties doo wonders for that limit switch...

/
gossip.gif

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back