What's new
What's new

Beginner’s question

Shlomiseg

Plastic
Hi
In a VMC I have a part which is a ring with a simple hole circle in a certain pitch diameter. The part is positioned by a properly fitted pin and is free only to rotate. Now i want to rotate my part in its pin so that one of the holes is properly aligned with X or Y axis.
How could this aligment be made?
Thanks

Find center of the ring.
Move in X to the radius of the bolt circle.
Use a holder in the spindle with a pin the size of your hole.
Jog down carefully in Z til the pin is in the hole.
Clamp part.

Find center of the ring.
Move in X to the radius of the bolt circle.
Use a holder in the spindle with a pin the size of your hole.
Jog down carefully in Z til the pin is in the hole.
Clamp part.
only thing to add is i use a .001 or .002" smaller pin in a hand tightened collet so if hole not aligned it just pushes pin into collet. normally to get pin close and handle mode adjust you can get within .002 fairly quick

I usually cut soft jaws for stuff like this.
Cut your OD of the part. Then drill & interpolate a pin hole in the correct position with respect to your bolt hole circle & geometry of the part.

Capture.JPG

Hi
In a VMC I have a part which is a ring with a simple hole circle in a certain pitch diameter. The part is positioned by a properly fitted pin and is free only to rotate. Now i want to rotate my part in its pin so that one of the holes is properly aligned with X or Y axis.
How could this aligment be made?
Thanks

Stupid question,but is that pin that you're using to rotate the part in the CENTER of the diameter?

I usually cut soft jaws for stuff like this.
Cut your OD of the part. Then drill & interpolate a pin hole in the correct position with respect to your bolt hole circle & geometry of the part.]

You only have 2 posts, so no real history here. I might consider changing my username from some drunken, infantile, crack cocaine addled idea of a joke, to something like shitstick, fucknutz or gaynosaurus rex.

R

You only have 2 posts, so no real history here. I might consider changing my username from some drunken, infantile, crack cocaine addled idea of a joke, to something like shitstick, fucknutz or gaynosaurus rex.

R

Not a chance, Timmy Tuff Nutz.

R

Lol!! He can't have assface it's already taken.

Brent

R

Boy I'm sure glad I took a sip of my afternoon coffee before I read this one.

Lol!! He can't have assface it's already taken.

Brent
Hello Brent,
assface421 is taken. It was suggested some time ago that the user of assface421 settled on that handle because assface420 was taken. Therefore assface with a suffix exceeding 421 may be viable.

I'm not sure if all suffixes prior to 421 are taken, but assface181 is one that one may be able to get their teeth into.

Regards,

Bill

Back