What's new
What's new

Mach3 Turn Newbie

Phil M

Plastic
I have just converted my Sieg SC2 Mini Lathe to CNC using Mach3 Turn and would be happy to share the details of my conversion, just ask if you are interested.
I would like to know if Mach3 Turn supports polar coordinates in the XZ plane? I am trying to turn a tapered cone and have tried the "wizard" which seemed OK then jammed part way through so I though I would use diameter and angle to finish it off.
I have tried various combinations of G18 and G16 but only seem to get absolute coordinate movement.
Does anyone know if this can be done?
If so what are the settings and the syntax of the command line?
Any help would be appreciated.

I have just converted my Sieg SC2 Mini Lathe to CNC using Mach3 Turn and would be happy to share the details of my conversion, just ask if you are interested.
I would like to know if Mach3 Turn supports polar coordinates in the XZ plane? I am trying to turn a tapered cone and have tried the "wizard" which seemed OK then jammed part way through so I though I would use diameter and angle to finish it off.
I have tried various combinations of G18 and G16 but only seem to get absolute coordinate movement.
Does anyone know if this can be done?
If so what are the settings and the syntax of the command line?
Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest you ask over at "the zone" www dot cnc zone dot com (make the obvious changes,
software here won't allow that link to be posted)

Back