What's new
What's new

best shop prank pulled

leadmanmoss

Cast Iron
what was the best shop prank you fellas ever pulled.

mine was we used an entire roll of shrinkwrap on a guys box. we put his box on the palletizer and away it went, for like 20 min, then we hit it with the heat gun....when he came back from vacation he had a 1" hard plastic cocoon around his box, he was so mad he laughed

Modified a mouse trap so that it could be put inside a boot and still be able to flip down. That was fun to watch.

Hide behind the new guys machine and when he walks away for a minute start banging with a wrenght on a can and throw chips in the air with the other hand. Often more than 1 person comes running.

Once I got the vinegar in the water bottle. I bring 2L of water with me everyday. Ever since I smell every time before drinking. Although I like vigenar. I got them back for it too.

Filled 2 guys trucks with balloons. Tied some of them under the trucks so they would fly out when driving away.

Some guys tied a dead christmas tree about 8' tall behind a guys car. He drove about 5 minutes to a store down the road and only found it when he came back out of the store. Thats probably the most memorable, puts a smile on me everytime I think about it.

Tied a guys truck to the big dumpsters. Jacked up a guys truck just enough so he couldn't drive away and thought his transmision was toast.

list could go on.

Wasn't in the shop, but a former leadman told us about the Friday/Saturday night stoplight drags he was part of. Seems a local cop used to lay in wait in a narrow alley for the usual suspects to go past. Seems he liked to jump on it and make an impression. Well, one night 2 guys snuck into the alley and chained the rear axle of the cop car to some anchor or another that was not going to move. One of the prime targets made sure he would be noticed cruising above the limit. Sure enough, one rear axle assembly was seperated from one police car. They had left a nice amount of slack to take up in the chain. Makes me grin just remembering the story. And the guy laughing with tears in his eyes as he told it.

during coffee break the shop prankster decided to set up boots and pants in the stalls and lock the doors. a broom stick and half an hour later his prank was busted. boy were there some upset people. i laugh everytime i think about it.

another one, put the small condiment packages readily available at the local fast food places under the toilet seat. that one got someone in upper management. they were not happy.

Sure enough, one rear axle assembly was seperated from one police car.
Your former leadman was most likely FOS. Myth Busters did an episode on this very same 'legend' and they found it impossible to make happen. Even using top of the line 3/8 chain either the chain would break or the car just wouldn't go. I think they even tried heavy cable and still couldn't dislodge the axle from a typical police vehicle, even with lots of slack and gunning the vehicle full throttle.

Related tidbits below-

The scene in which the rear axle of a police car is pulled completely off was proven unlikely to actually happen in an episode of MythBusters. The hosts of Myth Busters theorized that a ramp was used in American Graffiti to give the car and axle enough of a boost to wrench the axle completely free.
Lucas was able to achieve the awesome spectacle without a ramp as the hosts of Myth Busters had surmised. The act of damaging the patrol car in the film was meticulously planned. The entire rear axle of the car was cut away from the frame and body and the cable(in the movie a chain was used. The real event involved a heavy cable) was attached. The other end of the metal cable was not attached to a light pole (as in the story) but rather to a winch on a heavy-duty 10-wheel tow truck that was parked in the darkness at the far end of the lot. As the car sped away from its parked location, at the exact moment when it crossed the sidewalk, the winch was activated. The pulling of the cable along with the force of the forward moving car caused the axle to be effectively yanked from beneath the car[citation needed].

Additionally, the vandalized patrol car scene is similar to one depicted in a 1963 episode of Leave it to Beaver. In episode # 231, Eddie Haskell and the Cleaver boys fastened one end of a chain around a tree trunk and the other around the rear axle of their friend, Lumpy’s car. When Lumpy tried to move his car it caused unforeseen damage as the entire third member and wheels became detached.

"Modified a mouse trap so that it could be put inside a boot and still be able to flip down. That was fun to watch."

I tried this with a #2 Victor single spring when I was a kid by putting it under a towel on a rack. Thought I'd catch my younger brother. Caught my dad. I got a real beating.

another good one is take a few shrimp and hide them in somebodys box, like tapped under the inside of one of the drawers.

The paste bluing is nice to use on handles and lunch boxes.
We had one guy at work that musket pelt with a string attached to it, and would wait till someone walked in the way and pull the string.
of course the put on cutter was hard to find too!

Give a newby a piece of Rex and a handsaw and ask them to go cut it in half for you.

Tell the newby to go to the office and get the brass magnet.

Tell them to go ask for some anti-chatter grease.

Take all toilet paper out of bathroom.

Place wrapper from 1 roll of TP around 4-5" dia. aluminum, and place on back of toilet.

Person will think, oh well no paper on holder, but new roll sitting there on toilet, so life is good

Pretty soon you'll be sure to hear some yelling from the bathroom

a guy had an old pair of 3-4in. mics with a stripped thread (i having no knowledge of it). another guy 4 bays down hollered back stating he needed to borrow this guys 3-4 mic. well he proceeded to pull them from his box and heave them across the shop landing on the floor and sliding to his feet. i'm sure the look on my face was priceless.

Guy at a place I worked religiously used ear muffs, Blue highspot die on muffs, guy walked around the shop with blue rings around his ears for hours.

In college, Jim, one of the guys in the lab drilled a hole in Irv's coffee cup bottom and then stopped it up with sealing wax! Irv got a hot cup of coffee and was walking around with it as it started to leak! Surprise Surprise. The next day I saw Irv slid in under Jim's desk and I asked what he was doing. He said "I'm nailing Jim's desk drawer shut!!

JCC

I hate it when people horse play around machines capable of cutting your arms off in a split second, but with that said, there was this one prank that still lingers in my mind.

A buddy of mine was at a shop where the long time employees constantly pick on the newbie guy. The newbie guy was constantly harassed and was always the one being picked to do the go-fer tasks. One newbie guy got fed up with this real quick and had a plan. When he was asked to go pick up a dozen doughnuts, he was glad to oblige and picked up a dozen glazed doughnuts. When all the doughnuts were gone, one guy noticed that there was a polaroid picture face down under the paper wrapping. It was a picture of a glazed doughnut hanging on the newbies penis. The inscription on the bottom of the picture said " Guess which one.."

Needless to say, they stopped picking on the newbie and he was never asked to go pick up anything again.

Max

New hire unloaded his roll-arounds and boxes (total of 4) from his pickup. Got everything situated at his work area. Ol' man Hart sidled over to him and whispered "You know we got a queer workin' here."

The guy looks around all bug-eyed and asks "Who is it?"

Hart says "Kiss me, and I'll tell ya'."

The guy loaded his stuff back up and left.

Another time, the shop foreman pissed everybody off about something. His desk and chair were dark, dark green: the same color as Marfak grease. Somebody covered the seat with said grease. What a sight when he came flying in and slid across the chair and about 5 feet across the floor!

One time one of the oldtimers went on vacation. When he came back he looked all over the place for his box. Some guys on the night shift chained his box in the upper rafters of the plant. Wow he was pissed so bad, I mean throwing things and threatening everyone around. He could dish it out but couldn't take it at all.

One time we were all playing jokes on each either and this guy did the shrink wrap on my car.So in retaliation I taped a card board sign on his car that said "My wife is a lucky man". He got home and he didn't even know it was there, until one of his kids came in a couple of hours and asked what the sign said.

rickyt I would probably be P.O'ed also. Don't mind pranks, but messing with a man's tools is a good way to get one's face ripped off, or semi-permanent facial knuckle dents. You can bet if I were him I'd have checked awfully close for any damage to my box and held whoever was responsible in pretty low regard, to put it mildly.

A prank we pulled on a part-timer once was pretty good. His father was a day-turn machinist, and at the time I was on afternoons. The kid worked afternnons also, and at the end of the summer he was ready to go start college. He told us when his last day was, and we, being the goodfella's we were, told him we were throwing him a farewell tailgate party in the lot after work. This was a good number of guys, probably 20-30 or so. Well, we all had a few beers and then 4 or 5 of us grabbed him and each held an arm or a leg, etc. Someone grabbed the roll of cellophane wrap and we proceeded to coccoon him from his shoulders down to his knees, so he couldn't really move much. At that point we laid him face-down over the tailgate/bed of a pickup and yelled out for "Bubba" which was the nickname of one of our welders, a big old 300 pound guy who had a trace of a southern accent. We had planned this for a few weeks, since this kid was kind of an obnoxious prick, and different guys had been telling the kid about how Bubba was a ************ and how he always talked about how the kid was cute and so on. Well anyways here comes Bubba around the side of the pick'em up truck and proceeds to tear a hole in the cello-wrap rigt around this kids rear-end and pretends like he's going to go about doing the you-know-what! You should've heard this kid scream and holler like the dickens! "When my old man finds out about this he's gonna kick ALL your asses!!!" etc. Screeamin' like a little girl, I tell ya'! We took a couple Polaroids too, for keepsakes and all, y'know! Needless to say he was happy to discover it was all a prank, but he was whiter'n a sheet 'til he did, lol. His old man had a rip-roar over that one, I swear I never seen anyone laugh harder'n he did when he learned of it.

Well, it seems that whenever the guys around the shop drop something really heavy on the ground, and see me jump into the air... well, they seem to think its funny... while my heart is pumping out of my chest...

Back