What's new
What's new

Blum Laser tool setter

tim123

Plastic
Hi guys,

Looking to put a new non contact tool setter on my DMG machine. I was wondering if anyone knew what the cost was of the New LC50 laser setting system?

I already have quotes for the Renishaw system, but was wanting to price things out. I have had good experience with Renishaw's product but the boss wants to get otherp ricing too.

Anyone have any experience with the digilog lc50 system?

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi guys,

Looking to put a new non contact tool setter on my DMG machine. I was wondering if anyone knew what the cost was of the New LC50 laser setting system?

I already have quotes for the Renishaw system, but was wanting to price things out. I have had good experience with Renishaw's product but the boss wants to get otherp ricing too.

Anyone have any experience with the digilog lc50 system?

Any help would be appreciated!

Anybody?

I don't really want to contact the local blum salesman, they are notorious for clinging on.

Anybody?

I don't really want to contact the local blum salesman, they are notorious for clinging on.

I don't know, but may want to inquire here about laser/ non-contact vs a renishaw contact type setter. I've heard mixed reviews about the laser being fussy with tool break checks and stuff (coolant, dirty lens, etc).

From everything I've seen, and if you are looking at this from a pure cost perspective...

The Blum will cost 20% more than the Renishaw, at a minimum. It is also nowhere near as well supported as the Renishaw in the US (probably a different situation in Europe), and Blum has a reputation for being punitive once out of warranty. By contrast, Renishaw has lots of apps engineers who are eager to help, and if you crash/damage/defect any Renishaw product, they usually have very reasonable replacement programs. Beyond that, Renishaw gear is readily available direct from folks on eBay and the like (good luck finding anything from Blum).

I would be a bit more comfortable with Blum if I was buying it through my machine tool dealer; would be nice to have a layer between me an Blum to go to bat for me if there are any problems. On a post-purchase install like this? Avoid.

Everything Gkoenig just said plus who is going to install a Blum on a DMG in Iowa? Certainly not DMG, They can't even keep up with basic service calls. More than likely you may be installing this yourself and Renishaw is going to be much more helpful than Blum in all aspects from wiring to the probing macros.

When we purchased our DMU 50 we got a blum technician to come to our facility and do the installation. Blum and DMG have a good relationship.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did a blum laser on an a51nx, along with renishaw probing.

Both have been flawless thus far, AFIAK

The contractor that blum sent to do the integration was awesome, was from St Cloud Minn.
He even tweeked the macros to do things I specifically wanted (very high end expensive parts).

Renishaw has excellent support out of the box, it just fits and works.
Blum, I wasnt impressed with their mounting solution, but it works. The contractor that did the install was awesome.

I have a quote through DMG for an LC50. Blum cannot sell it direct since the machine is under warranty.

It was a hair under 19k.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback, I think it’s fairly certain I will be going with Renishaw. In the past they have been excellent with support and not to mention there RBE program is top notch.

19k, I wasn’t expecting that....talk about way overpriced. This will make the bosses decision very easy!

Care to share the cost of renishaw's equivalent? I've only been considering BLUM, because it is the only standard option (for presetters) on most DMG equipment.

Care to share the cost of renishaw's equivalent? I've only been considering BLUM, because it is the only standard option (for presetters) on most DMG equipment.

It was about 40% less than the blum number you provided. I have other DMG's here with Renishaw tool setters on them, both contact and non.

Back