What's new
What's new

Bore Probing Routine Programming Question

Longfoehammer

Plastic
Hey,

I am a complete rookie when it comes to programming probing routines. We just switched from HSMworks which has built in probing over to MasterCAM which does not. My objective was to build a macro that i will be able to drop into my code with minor editing of coordinates. I searched around the forums here and came up with a macro that i felt should work, but i am encountering an error that i do not know how to troubleshoot.

I am running this on a Haas VF2 with the NGC. When i run the code, it drops down into the bore, probes and then errors out when it is supposed to make the protected move in Z+ direction. Path obstructed is the error that it throws and i am unsure what is causing this. I would be super appreciative of any insight that any of you have into this. The code that i am running is below.

(Probe)
T25 M6
G0 G90 X0. Y0.
G43 H25 Z3.0 T12 (Safe level above part)

G65 P9832 (TURN PROBE ON)
G65 P9810 Z1.375 F50. (PROTECTED MOVE)
(1. Bore)
( PROBE BORE - JOG PROBE TIP INSIDE BORE TO START )
( WORK OFFSET G54. )
( BORE SIZE .5 )
( OFFSET SHIFT IN X 0. )
( OFFSET SHIFT IN Y 0. )
G65 P9995 W54. A10. D0.5 E0. H0.
G65 P9810 G1 Z3.0 F50.0 (PROTECTED MOVE OUT OF PART)
G65 P9833 (PROBE OFF)

G91 G28 Z0.
G90
M01

Hey,

I am a complete rookie when it comes to programming probing routines. We just switched from HSMworks which has built in probing over to MasterCAM which does not. My objective was to build a macro that i will be able to drop into my code with minor editing of coordinates. I searched around the forums here and came up with a macro that i felt should work, but i am encountering an error that i do not know how to troubleshoot.

I am running this on a Haas VF2 with the NGC. When i run the code, it drops down into the bore, probes and then errors out when it is supposed to make the protected move in Z+ direction. Path obstructed is the error that it throws and i am unsure what is causing this. I would be super appreciative of any insight that any of you have into this. The code that i am running is below.

(Probe)
T25 M6
G0 G90 X0. Y0.
G43 H25 Z3.0 T12 (Safe level above part)

G65 P9832 (TURN PROBE ON)
G65 P9810 Z1.375 F50. (PROTECTED MOVE)
(1. Bore)
( PROBE BORE - JOG PROBE TIP INSIDE BORE TO START )
( WORK OFFSET G54. )
( BORE SIZE .5 )
( OFFSET SHIFT IN X 0. )
( OFFSET SHIFT IN Y 0. )
G65 P9833 (PROBE OFF)

G91 G28 Z0.
G90
M01

Masterccam does support probe routines, but its an addon. I agree with Larry, just use the quick code. Write it into Mastercam using 'manual entry'. Or you can use yours (once you figure out the problem) in 'manual entry'.

I don't really know anything of the probing routines other than what is in the Haas machines VPS. Not sure you need ( or want ) a protected move on +Z. If it made it into the bore surely it will come out fine? Ass-u-ming 3 axis and not doing some 4-5 axis situations.

Also, look at the Renishaw website, there is a pdf on inspection plus and probing routines you can download.

I would guess it is bombing out in the bore routine not the next step.

9995 is not in my Ren programming manual for Haas H_2000_6222_0A_B.pdf

I dont see any A as an input,this is not the newest manual. It doesnt cover any of the vcq or other Haas stuff. Even though it is specifically for Haas.

good old 9814 bore boss would be G65 P9814 D.5 S1.

Unfortunately for you, it is a poorly written example. Program 9995 calls 9833 at the end to turn off the probe. The following G65 calls a protected move, 9810, which requires the probe to be on to use. It can't execute since the probe is off... That's why you get the "Path obstructed" alarm.

Instead, you should replace

Code:

with what GENERALDISARRAY suggested:

Code:
G65 P9814 D.5 S1.

Or leave it as is and ditch the protected move out of part at the end. Change that to a rapid move. No reason to use protected moves on Z+ if you have a standard stylus. Not gonna hit nothing. Just wasting time.

This is a typical example that proves, that shortcuts will not work on long run. GUI is today's fetish provided by developers of complicated and cumbersome "measuring software" to make it "digestable" to "ordinary people". Inspection +, which runs in background of HAAS VQC , works great if its commands are used directly. Unfortunately, these commands syntaxes are not intuitive to such extend, that years ago Renishaw came with “Easy Set” application program, which was meant to ease the use of Inspection +. Unfortunately, it is not making it easy, one still is expected to remember the meaning of tens of A arguments.
So if you guys want to relay on Inspection + measuring routines inserted manually into your CAM generated production program – learn and use the original commands.
By the way, one of the reasons I decided to write my own SNR Basic Plus routines was the intuitive simplicity of using it, and its absolute insensitivity to tool offset compensation and current WCS. One program number, limited amount of arguments logically assigned to specific tasks (for example “D” always means Dimension, “C” always means Calibration, etc.). – this is its “LEIT MOTIV”.

Back