What's new
What's new

Bought a mothballed Wasino LG63m lathe, question on touching off tools

DMSentra

Cast Iron
Fanuc 10T control. I prefer to touch off my CNMG stick tool on T4 position and reference all the other tools to that, then use G54 to move the tool gang to each new job. This one we can't get to MEASURE for X and Z. It won't alarm or anything, but seems to do nothing. Z0 MEASURE, MEASURE Z0, 0 MEASURE or MEASURE 0 with the proper box highlighted. Nothing we've found works. Is there a silly step we're missing? And, it seems it has to be @ Machine Ref position to start a program?? Really?

A 10 might not have that ability. or it could have been an option.
A 6M B2 is as close as I have got to a 10.

cant you just input "X" or "Z"+ relative/machine coordinates?

It should have work shift, I doubt it has G54 Work offsets.

I believe its an option, My 10t doesnt have it either.
My "O" a I think on a older Miyano I just type in z0.0 input.
on my Miyano I have 2 offset screens tool wear and tool geometry on my Citizen with the 10t I have one page of offsets geomtetry.
if you have both wear and geometry you would have the option turned on I believe.

A 10 might not have that ability. or it could have been an option.
A 6M B2 is as close as I have got to a 10.

cant you just input "X" or "Z"+ relative/machine coordinates?

It should have work shift, I doubt it has G54 Work offsets.

Mine has the MEASURE button, is a G54 system and work shift. I can work around to get things done but I'd rather make money instead of excersising my finger. ;)

I believe its an option, My 10t doesnt have it either.
My "O" a I think on a older Miyano I just type in z0.0 input.
on my Miyano I have 2 offset screens tool wear and tool geometry on my Citizen with the 10t I have one page of offsets geomtetry.
if you have both wear and geometry you would have the option turned on I believe.

When you "z0.0" "input", I assume the value in Z geometry changes accordingly? Mine does nothing, like you pushed cancel instead of input.

I don't know about anyone else but I continuously have problems being logged out and not being able to get back into this site. It's the onle site I have problems with.

When you "z0.0" "input", I assume the value in Z geometry changes accordingly? Mine does nothing, like you pushed cancel instead of input.[/QUOT

I have to correct myself. I just tried it again and when I'm in the geometry screen with Z lit up to set it's value keying in Z0 MEASURE does zero that highlighted area.

Fanuc 10T control. I prefer to touch off my CNMG stick tool on T4 position and reference all the other tools to that, then use G54 to move the tool gang to each new job. This one we can't get to MEASURE for X and Z. It won't alarm or anything, but seems to do nothing. Z0 MEASURE, MEASURE Z0, 0 MEASURE or MEASURE 0 with the proper box highlighted. Nothing we've found works. Is there a silly step we're missing? And, it seems it has to be @ Machine Ref position to start a program?? Really?

Not familiar with 10 at all. Could it be the procedure is like an 0T? key in MZ and value, press Measure button, press input button.

This is still giving me headaches. 3 times in the last several days using Measure functioned right. It adjusted the value in Geometry to what it needs to set that tool to the right diameter. Trying it several times so I understand what procedure it wants in order to work the value I'm entering, such as Measure Z0, it'll enter 0 in that Z spot instead of adjusting the value to set it.
Do any of you understand what value it uses to do it's math from so I can attack it that way?
Today I put in a new part, ref returned the machine, called up my reference T0404 too, touched that off and adjusted the workshift, and it functioned as it should. That part works.
If I take a cut, back off in Z, measure the cut and cursor to the X value, enter Measure Xx.xxx, it put that x.xxx value in that box in geometry instead of adjusting the value. I haven't found any method to make using Input, or Input+ come out right. But like I said, Thurs night, for 2 separate tools, I used Measure/X2.404/Input and it worked.

Not sure if this will help, but on my 0T if you want to adjust the offset incrementally you use U or W instead of X and Z.

Josh

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Back