What's new
What's new

Okuma Through spindle coolant issue

NaRbO

Cast Iron
We have an Okuma MA-650VB with a 200psi coolant pump for the spindle. Problem we are having right now is that the overflow tank fills up after only 30 secends of drilling and alarms out. We have brand new filter bags and fresh coolant. Even when we run the coolant without drilling the tank fills up after a few minutes, the line that runs back into the main tank is flowing just fine. What could be the cause of this?

Did you drain the overflow tank?

What is happening when you take off the lid and look inside? If the bags are clean you shouldn't be having a problem with the overflow tank.

We had issues with the.same coolant filtering system, here's what I've done. First alot of fine chips were falling thru the conveyor into the tank, so emptying the basket that sits in the tank next to the conveyor needs to be emptied regularly. The filter screens(two) need to be blown off at the very least twice a shift. Alot of fine chips sneak around the sides of the screens so I put a bubbler on it with the two stones on either side of the screens to create a barrier. When you do change the sock, wetvac out the cylinder(coolant and chips). The hose coming out of the machine that feeds into the overflow gets clogged with sludge, clean it out! I also got the plastic wheel skimmer which pulls out alot of fine chips, I strain the skimmed coolant through used socks and dump it back in. This should be a good start.

Back