What's new
What's new

Bridgeport ez trak drives not on wont home problem

turbojo1

Plastic
Have a bridgeport ez trak mill that when you power up it counts down to 0 instead of 12 and then when you hit button to home it it says drives not on cant home . Anybody got any idea on what it may be . Was ok last night when i was using it . Thanks in advance for any help i can get.

Jon
I just purchased an EZ Trak DX machine that didn't have the CNC working. Turned out the power supply to the PC failed and hard drive was not readable. I replaced both and installed the software. Backplane shows good 5v amd 12v power. System boots up and it goes to the main EZ Trak screen. When I hit the move XYZ to home it, I get the error message "drives not on failed to go home". The x,y,z read outs change when I move the table and quill. The three large boards that supply power to the motors have both thr red and green LEDs lit. Any advice on what could be wrong? Any recommendations on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks
Alan

What is your 5 and 12VDC? The tolerances for those are pretty small and can be the issue. Did you replace the PS with one from a Trak place or just some random PS?

Does it still count all the way down to 0? There should be a blinking green light on your BMDC, is it blinking every other second or once every 3 seconds?

Does the alarm pop up directly after you press "3" or after you hit "+" to do the move?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Jon,
I traced it down to some blown transistors on the x and y servo drive boards. Looking to buy some new boards, but haven't been able to raise the cash (trying to sell another milling machine). While I have been waiting to get the money I decided to order some new transistors to install on the boards, figure I don't have much to loose. After I replace them, and assuming it fixes the problem, is it necessary to recalibrate the potentiometers on the drive boards? If so, how is this done?

Thanks,
Alan

BUMP!! Having the same issues!!! Power 120v coming in (blue/white)to the driver boards, both green/red light lit but not blinking but no power coming out (red/black). ANY help out here??

BUMP!! Having the same issues!!! Power 120v coming in (blue/white)to the driver boards, both green/red light lit but not blinking but no power coming out (red/black). ANY help out here??

Did you do any of the above troubleshooting tips? Blue and white power to the boards is not AC and not 120. If you have 120VAC to those boards, then there are much bigger issues.

Jon

Back