What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Series 2 power feed help/ schematics needed please.

Rollier

Plastic
Hi,
I am new to forums, we purchased a Bridgeport Series 2, we were told the power feeds don't work - we powered up the machine, spindle runs but all power feeds are dead.
Work carried out so far:
I have removed the drive and can measure two of the caps have deteriorated and one thyristor is short circuit - I have ordered new, also the wiring loom inside the drive is melted and one wire totally burnt through! - I can re-wire this but not sure I can get it working.
I need electrical schematic drawings ideally for the drive and mill wiring, please does anyone know where I can find them?
Thanks, David

Attachments

• IMG_7280 (1)PCB REAR.jpg
    IMG_7280 (1)PCB REAR.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7279 PCB FRONT.jpg
    IMG_7279 PCB FRONT.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7278CABINET.jpg
    IMG_7278CABINET.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_7277SERIAL.jpg
    IMG_7277SERIAL.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_7276MILL.jpg
    IMG_7276MILL.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 86
I would say get you a KBMM-125 (we sell them for $155.85) and just replace it.

If you send me a msg, I can email you the wiring diagram that we have.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

The original drive was junk. Don't waste your time trying to fix it. The one Jon has offered is far cheaper than the one I put in my machine.

Hi,
I am new to forums, we purchased a Bridgeport Series 2, we were told the power feeds don't work - we powered up the machine, spindle runs but all power feeds are dead.
Work carried out so far:
I have removed the drive and can measure two of the caps have deteriorated and one thyristor is short circuit - I have ordered new, also the wiring loom inside the drive is melted and one wire totally burnt through! - I can re-wire this but not sure I can get it working.
I need electrical schematic drawings ideally for the drive and mill wiring, please does anyone know where I can find them?
Thanks, David

You've landed in the CNC section sir....:crazy:

There is a "Bridgeport specific section" down below....:skep:

Back