What's new
What's new

Bridgeport shadow cnc problems help !

Twistediron

Plastic
Hey so I bought this old Bridgeport with a shadow cnc set up on it about a month ago it has been working ok but took a complete sh** yesterday and I can’t figure how to get it working again . Here’s a bit of background on it I bought it from someone whose had it for about the last 3 years and it was a little finicky when he had it he said the computer needs time to warm up in the morning. So I got it drove it home 3 hours when I set it up nothing would work I thought it was junk . Took to top off the computer and the 3 hard drives (I think ) popped out on the way home and where just bouncing around free . So I re plugged them in and it worked but when it turns on it does come up with an error code and need to warm up can take half the day and sometimes it will pop up numerous times throughout the day . Depends one the day ... after a while I learned if I work the drives mainly the Z by hand for a while it starts working and the error code will clear .. but yesterday I was trying to learn codes for circle pockets and it froze halfway through a program wouldn’t do anything so I turned it off then on again and the screen is now blank it back lit but that’s it nothing will work i know nothing about this stuff just turning it on and off either with the switch or unplugging it .... what do I do ?

Try Len Albright Albright's CNC Support Services. He's helped me out with the old Bandit controller and I believe he makes the Shadow control as an upgrade. He's very knowledgeable & good to deal with.

J.

Back