What's new
What's new

G07.1 Fanuc example?

8strings8rounds

Plastic
Hi, I'm a lathe programmer and operator- for the most part I do basic turning, cutting, simple milling and drilling stuff.. Anyway.. I have had a new project thrown at me
I need to mill a left handed spiral flute on the C axis.
My machine is a Doosan Puma 2100sy (y axis) runs Fanuc 31i-modelB and material, length, mill/whathaveyou shouldn't matter as I am only looking for a program example to use G07.1 (cylindrical interpo)
Am I going to need to know a lead, or a number of degrees per Z movement? Is it 1 or 2 line? Am I going to need to cancel other modes? Etc
Thanks in advance!

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm a lathe programmer and operator- for the most part I do basic turning, cutting, simple milling and drilling stuff.. Anyway.. I have had a new project thrown at me
I need to mill a left handed spiral flute on the C axis.
My machine is a Doosan Puma 2100sy (y axis) runs Fanuc 31i-modelB and material, length, mill/whathaveyou shouldn't matter as I am only looking for a program example to use G07.1 (cylindrical interpo)
Am I going to need to know a lead, or a number of degrees per Z movement? Is it 1 or 2 line? Am I going to need to cancel other modes? Etc
Thanks in advance!

Hello 8strings8rounds,
The control will interpolate a trajectory for C and Z, so you really don't need to use Cylindrical Interpolation for your operation; in fact, using Cylindrical Interpolation would be more convoluted if the rotation of C axis will exceed 360deg in completing your helical path.

You simply need to specify the Z move and the number of Degrees for the C axis to move.

Regards,

Bill

I saw another post somewhere about using H in place of C like-
G98Z-6.0H70.F4.4;
Is it really that simple? If it is, that's great because this part has 12 flutes..

I saw another post somewhere about using H in place of C like-
G98Z-6.0H70.F4.4;
Is it really that simple? If it is, that's great because this part has 12 flutes..

Hello 8strings8rounds,
Yes. H is the Incremental address for the C axis in a Mill/Turn machine. Unlike a typical Machining Centre, Incremental and Absolute axis moves can be combined in the same Block, hence the Absolute Z and Incremental H commands in the same Block of your example Code.

Cylindrical Interpolation is a very useful feature and is worth learning how to use it. If Cylindrical Interpolation has not been used on your machine before, you need to ensure that the parameter that describes the axis that is parallel to the rotating axis has been set.

Regards,

Bill

Hello 8strings8rounds,
Yes. H is the Incremental address for the C axis in a Mill/Turn machine. Unlike a typical Machining Centre, Incremental and Absolute axis moves can be combined in the same Block, hence the Absolute Z and Incremental H commands in your example Code.

Regards,

Bill
Thanks Bill. I'll see what I can do!

Back