What's new
What's new

Robodrill turre issue

wrenchwrangler

Plastic
I have a Robodrill T21i with a 16i controller and my turret "creeps" out of position while it sits during lunch or brake time. I haven't worked on any Robodrill turrets so i'm not sure what holds it in position. is this a spindle motor issue or is it deeper in the mechanical side? any input would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why anyone hasn't responded. I may be mistaken but there has to be some kind of brake mechanism to stop the turret rotation. The actual rotation during tool change is from a gear mounted on the nose of spindle (I think you knew that). I wonder about a turret out of balance. All the heavy tools on one side. If it is a braking issue this might help it to not show up (balancing out the tool weight). There are some people here that know about the robodrill turrets. I wonder also if a call to Fanuc America might get you a technical help? Just some thoughts. Good luck!

I'm going to guess as G did above you have all the tools in sequence, and are only using a few.... If this is a new problem, and the machine has been running this way without fault for a while, then something mechanically is slightly out of whack. How far is it creeping out of position? What other activities in the machine might be happening during lunch or breaks? Is is always the same amount, or varies? I would think a quick call to Methods or FA would get it sorted pretty quick. Then again, average downtime on one of these things is next to none in 10 years, so maybe you'll have a hard time getting an answer. That would likely be why nobody has answered yet.

Thanks guys for your info. I will give methods a shout. I found out from the operator that it happens after being shut down for the weekend on start up after being powered down. Im a lathe guy and the robodrills are a new endeavor for me.

Thanks guys for your info. I will give methods a shout. I found out from the operator that it happens after being shut down for the weekend on start up after being powered down. Im a lathe guy and the robodrills are a new endeavor for me.

A question for your operator, is it the actual turret that is moving out of position, or the z axis?

our t14ia sometimes has the Z axis fall out of position overnight. It isn't much of a problem since the machine has absolute pulse coders. But it makes me go wtf when the spindle is almost resting on top of the vise.

Pretty sure the z motor has a brake, must be worn out on ours.

Back