What's new
What's new

Brother A00 control disabling the 4th axis

Circlesquare

Plastic
Recently I bought a 2006 Brother TC-S2B with a A00 controller. It originally had a 4th axis attached but they took it off before selling it to me. I got everything powered up and I'm getting a 5063. 18 **A Servo (CSE) alarm. I'm assuming that its from the 4th axis being disconnected. I believe I can disable the 4th axis through the Machine parameters. I read in the forum rules that there are to be no machine parameters on the public forum can someone PM me the procedure to unlock the machine parameters.

Thank you for reading any help would be greatly apricated.

I have an a00 control machine i took the 4th off. I took some notes (i hope) since i plan to put it back in at some point. Let me take a look tomorrow and see what i have. Did you get one of those ones hgr had for sale?

Ok I got thinking and came out to the shop to look around. In my notes I wrote:

1. Go to the I/O menu and set param change to 1 ( you need to page through the i/o menu screens to find this)

2. Go to the Databank->Mach Param->System 2 menu and set "5 option to 1 to enable, 0 to disable.

I only have one extra axis but I think it was axis B so maybe that is why I have 5 axis disable/enable. Can't remember. There is a "4 option", "5 option", and "6 option". I guess set whichever of these is 1 to 0 on your machine.

I think the forum rules on not posting parameters is to not give away features that are generally charged for. This is not the case here so i would not think it would apply.

Ok I got thinking and came out to the shop to look around. In my notes I wrote:

1. Go to the I/O menu and set param change to 1 ( you need to page through the i/o menu screens to find this)

2. Go to the Databank->Mach Param->System 2 menu and set "5 option to 1 to enable, 0 to disable.

I only have one extra axis but I think it was axis B so maybe that is why I have 5 axis disable/enable. Can't remember. There is a "4 option", "5 option", and "6 option". I guess set whichever of these is 1 to 0 on your machine.

I think the forum rules on not posting parameters is to not give away features that are generally charged for. This is not the case here so i would not think it would apply.

On most Brother machines, a "4th Axis" is often installed in the machine parameters, and wired into, the 5th axis control circuits. This is because the machines with the Quick Turn table (currently known as the R series, and their predecessors) use the 4th axis position to drive the table. All the Speedios I have worked on with a 4th axis, have that axis installed wired into the machine as axis #5. A parameter sets the actual axis address (which for the vast majority of us with the Axis running parallel to the X direction, should be as the A axis... only incompetent savages label an axis that rotates around X as the "B" axis).

Hence, you'll also find some very specific parameters available for the 4th axis that are related to tuning the QT function and not actual axis motion.

And the PM guidelines on not posting machine parameters are (from all I have seen) in place around the issue of folks coming here attempting to turn on paid functions without having paid for them. High Speed Machining or extra Macro variables on Haas (being the most common culprit).

Very simple on A00 machines. Go to I/O screen. Enter the top menu item which is Input/Output, page up once, set Parameter Change to a 1, press Data Bank, Machine Parameters, Switch 2, within the first 5 or 10 parameters you will see 4th axis yes/no, 5th axis yes/no etc... it will be the 5th axis to the 8th axis. one of them will be set to a 1. change it to 0 and press F0 to save. the 4th axis is reserved for the pallet (C axis) for pallet machines.

Thanks for all the help guys I got the axis disabled. now I just have to fix my generator to power it up all the way LOL.

I have had mine for 4 or 5 years and it was in a mess of a state when I got it. I spent quite a bit of time when I got it taking it apart and cleaning it, to the point of taking the linear bearing trucks apart and cleaning them out and installing new seals on them. It was all time well spent. I also spent quite a bit of money on replacing some fairly major parts but here mostly to get it as tight as possible. Now it is really a great machine. I do dream of a speedio someday but not yet.

I don't know if anyone else does this but after seeing the state of things under the way covers when i got mine I have adopted the practice of removing the way covers about once a year and giving it a good cleaning. I also sealed them up as best I can to keep as much coolant out of there as possible.

A really great thing about these machines is that the parts are all available and very easy to change out. Based on what I have heard of prices for other equipment I think they are way cheaper to maintain.

I was the one who bought HGR Brother S2B machines about 4 months back and got them shipped to India.
Always love to be in touch with Brother users using A00 controls.
Let me know if you need any mass production parts to be made in India. We charge about USD6 per hout for labour in drill tap centers plus cost of raw material and shipment costs.

Hi all!

just restarted 4th axis on brother machine and getting two alarms

5062.24 ** C SERVO (INI)

5026.21 ** C SERVO (STO)

CAN ANY ONE PLEASE HELP CONTROLLER IS BROTHER A00

Back