What's new
What's new

Brother r650x2 pallet index question

welderboyjk

Cast Iron
I have an odd question specifically for this machine.
If one wanted to say, do some machining on a pallet then rotate it our to remove a clamp mid program and send it back in, is it possible to do this using only the pallet start button at the load/unload station?
Our local distributor tells us he doesn't think it's possible. It appears that when the pallet switch is set to cycle tables in auto mode we could send the pallet out with an M code but restarting the program from the pallet start button doesn't work. Having to run around to the operators panel and hit cycle start again kind of defeats the purpose.
Is there a work around, an update from Yamazen or is there something we are overlooking?

I have an odd question specifically for this machine.
If one wanted to say, do some machining on a pallet then rotate it our to remove a clamp mid program and send it back in, is it possible to do this using only the pallet start button at the load/unload station?
Our local distributor tells us he doesn't think it's possible. It appears that when the pallet switch is set to cycle tables in auto mode we could send the pallet out with an M code but restarting the program from the pallet start button doesn't work. Having to run around to the operators panel and hit cycle start again kind of defeats the purpose.
Is there a work around, an update from Yamazen or is there something we are overlooking?

I just went through similar (the thread Matt linked). In red ^^^^ I could not figure out how to use the pallet-ready button to make it happen.
I would still rather walk around to hit the cycle-start than try to work through the side door.
Pretty tough to reach the far side of the table from the side. The opening is tiny. The pallet change on the R650 is super fast.
And your tools probably aren't over there anyway? It is working fantastic for me.
Brother Frank did mention in that thread that a cycle-start button can be added to the pallet-station panel.

Matt and Wheelie, Thanks for the reply. I did a quick search but didn't see an answer. I guess if I would have scrolled down a little I would have seen your thread.
We only have a couple of parts we'll have to use this workaround on. Most everything else will be able to run in a standard format.
The 650 is making it's first chips today. We got the big magazine on this machine and even with the dual arm changer that is "slow" by brother standards it's still stupid fast.

Congrats on the new R650X2 41 Tool machine! Tip of the day (in case you aren't aware), if you want to easily get a tool in the magazine to the position where you can access it, Run a M5xx code in MDI. For example, if you want to change tool 10, Run a M510 in MDI mode and the machine will put tool 10 in the tool change/access position, regardless of which pot it is in. Tool 1 will be M501, etc.... tool must be in magazine though, not in spindle. Is your dealer Turn Key Solutions? Another helpful tool is a macro that will put the magazine back in order, in other words when you run the macro, it puts T1 back in pot 1, T2 back in pot 2 etc... This is handy for set ups or changing out multiple tools. TKS should be able to provide that macro for you.

BrotherFrank, Yes they are our dealer. Our 450 has some custom fixturing done by them.
The 650 is replacing an old Chiron which is starting to show its age.
Thanks for the tips on the magazine!

BrotherFrank, we've got the tool sorting macro installed already.
The MID m code to bring up a tool will be handy for sure!
Now we've just got to wait until a job that needs a mid program pallet swap to test out Matt's workaround.

BrotherFrank, we've got the tool sorting macro installed already.
The MID m code to bring up a tool will be handy for sure!
Now we've just got to wait until a job that needs a mid program pallet swap to test out Matt's workaround.

Do you have a spindle probe? That is the safest way to run mid cycle pallet swaps with a macro. You can use the probe to verify the presence of clamps etc...

You could have at the very beginning of the program a conditional section that jumps in the program if a macro variable is set to 1, or whatever. Regardless of the program being finished or not, it would end and go back to the beginning. Having two M30's in the program could be an issue though but with enough conditional statements you could get where you need to be, even if it required M98 H2 instead of GOTO2

IF[#850EQ1]GOTO2
N1 RUN PART
M411 (PALLET CHANGE)
#850=1
M30
N2
Run remaining portion of the program.
#850=0
M30

Back