What's new
What's new

Brother S500X1 price

Have you talked with your local Yamazen rep? End of March is Yamazen's fiscal year end and they are ready to deal. List price for S500 is $64,980. All kinds of special opportunities available though. Any technical questions?

A good friend wants a cnc for his garage at home and didn't like that Brother doesn't list their prices on line like Haas. I told him a ball park price is $65,000 and to call Yamazen. Thanks for the replies.

Yamazen plays a lot of pricing games with there customers ,, don`t get me wrong so does other dealers but at least they well send out a sale ad listing a price ,, I just got a flash sale ad from Haas listing there vf2 , 10K spindle , auger, probing and some other options for under 50K ,,, Yamazen sales reps keep on saying how there cheaper that Haas , so find a like size Haas with the options you want and call them out on it ,,,

A good friend wants a cnc for his garage at home and didn't like that Brother doesn't list their prices on line like Haas. I told him a ball park price is $65,000 and to call Yamazen. Thanks for the replies.

Try to convince him to get the 16k dual contact spindle if he does a lot of stuff requiring smaller tooling.

Yamazen plays a lot of pricing games with there customers ,, don`t get me wrong so does other dealers but at least they well send out a sale ad listing a price ,, I just got a flash sale ad from Haas listing there vf2 , 10K spindle , auger, probing and some other options for under 50K ,,, Yamazen sales reps keep on saying how there cheaper that Haas , so find a like size Haas with the options you want and call them out on it ,,,

I've never had Yamazen play games with me, and I'm a customer. It's obvious you have a hair up your rear about Brother/Yamazen.
I asked for a price, they gave it. It was that simple.
General info:
If your shop is out in the sticks, it's going to cost more, due to shipping, tech travel, etc.
If your shop has shitty power, that will equal high risk for service calls, potential higher cost.

I did have Haas hose me on shipping machines to me - twice. They quoted me the price for it being the only machine on the truck, and shipping right away. Another price if I waited for multiple machines on the truck. They charged me the higher price, and the transporter waited until he had several machines to deliver. Haas refused to refund.
ETA: Ellison and Methods both won't give pricing easily. They feel the need to stop by. While that's nice, they always need to take more time than I have during the day. Lots of machine dealers seem to feel the need to do this. Frank from Yamazen always checks with me to see if it's a good time. Their support is so awesome, he's never a bother.

Last edited:

Since I am the only Yamazen person who has quoted you a Brother, what games have I played and when did I ever say it was cheaper than a Haas?

Andy

I bet after 5 years of repairing the haas, the brother is cheaper.

I can't tell you the last time I bought something because it was cheaper. I don't know the last time I quoted something and pushed it because it was cheaper. It drives me crazy that there are long threads on here about the need for online pricing like that is the best way to purchase one of the most expensive and most difference making purchases that companies can make. I know you know, because I know what you have bought. Never the "cheapest" but what you considered the "best" solution.

If your definition of "playing games" is not listing sticker price on their website, the it's not Yamazen who is playing games, but rather every other machine tool company besides Haas - so it's not fair to imply Yamazen is somehow being underhanded.

And I have no idea what conversations you've had with Yamazen people, but the only price comparison I've heard with Haas is that it's a cheaper machine to own long-term (factoring in repair costs and how much faster a Speedio will make parts compared to a Haas). What do you expect them to do - "admit" their machines are more expensive? They don't hide it! They just make sure customers understand what they are getting for their money - reliability, quality and speed. You think it's unfair for them to point out their competitive advantages over Haas? By that metric, Haas is also being sneaky by advertising lower prices but not letting customers know where the savings are coming from.

I think you should just buy a Speedio and get the chip off your shoulder by owning the machine you really wanted when you got the Haas.

(I am 99% sure that's what Andy wishes he could say if his politeness weren't in his way - lol!).

I can't tell you the last time I bought something because it was cheaper. I don't know the last time I quoted something and pushed it because it was cheaper. It drives me crazy that there are long threads on here about the need for online pricing like that is the best way to purchase one of the most expensive and most difference making purchases that companies can make. I know you know, because I know what you have bought. Never the "cheapest" but what you considered the "best" solution.

I personally would like all the builders to state the MSRP of their machines, but I understand why they don't. In my case, it's not because I want to make a decision based on list price, but if my budget is $200k for a 5-axis machine, I don't want to waste my time (or the salesman's) from Grob coming in my shop and taking a half-day of time just to learn the machine starts at $600k.

Then again, the GOOD salespeople I have dealt with (and Bill @ Yamazen is top of that list) don't bug me on an ongoing basis about a machine if we come to the conclusion their offering is outside my price range.

I personally would like all the builders to state the MSRP of their machines, but I understand why they don't. In my case, it's not because I want to make a decision based on list price, but if my budget is $200k for a 5-axis machine, I don't want to waste my time (or the salesman's) from Grob coming in my shop and taking a half-day of time just to learn the machine starts at $600k.

Then again, the GOOD salespeople I have dealt with (and Bill @ Yamazen is top of that list) don't bug me on an ongoing basis about a machine if we come to the conclusion their offering is outside my price range.

Again, I understand having a budget and trying to stay in it but what if when talking to Bill he shows you that by increasing your budget you can make more parts to a point it makes much more sense to push your budget than to short change the purchase. If all customers only bought Brother on price, we would not be very successful. But lucky for us, our customers see the value of paying more to get more. The same is true with true 5 axis. If you are now going to put parts out in space and attack from all sides, maybe a machine without scales won't make sense even if it "in your budget".

jmo

My first Brother was a 450 hi-torque, demo machine. I think it had 4 or 5 hours of cutting air, and had been around for a while in that role. I was offered a good discount since it was a demo. It was still more than I had previously thought about paying for a mill for my work.
After I had it a month or two, I wondered why I had ever hesitated. There was more of a learning curve for me than most of you would likely experience. (at the time I had 3 Haas mills and a Robo) I had to learn the "logic" of the control, etc. I'd started with a 30 NMTB cnc knee mill, so I knew work could be done with a 30 taper. The Brother running a 30 is about 1000 times better than my old knee mill.
The 450 was soooo much more productive than I ever thought it could be. It was a no brainer to buy more. I used to try to load up the table with a lot of parts. Don't need to do that now, and I approach programming differently too. Even going through chemo and stem cell transplant, I was able to keep up with stuff, because the Brother machines really are that good. I worked about half the time I'd worked before due to that health situation. Some of you guys that are real whizzes at programming etc would likely do better than I did.
I'd never go back.

Back