What's new
What's new

Nakamura-Tome SLANT JR Spindle Lock

WakelessFoil

Aluminum
We are trying to change the collet chuck out for a 3-jaw chuck on our Slant JR. turning center (with 0TC control). The problem we are having is we cannot keep the spindle from rotating when we put torque on any of the bolts. Is there some way to lock the spindle in place? I have already tried M19, all it did was spin the spindle backwards at an extremely low speed (1 RPM or so).

Thanks,
Justin

We are trying to change the collet chuck out for a 3-jaw chuck on our Slant JR. turning center (with 0TC control). The problem we are having is we cannot keep the spindle from rotating when we put torque on any of the bolts. Is there some way to lock the spindle in place? I have already tried M19, all it did was spin the spindle backwards at an extremely low speed (1 RPM or so).

Thanks,
Justin

Theres a couple of ways, I used a Metric allen put it on the top bolt and have the allen wrench at a 90 angle then smack it with a dead blow.
ONLY use a SHORT allen otherwise you will strip the bolt.
you should be able to hold the wrench and chuck with one hand , smack it with the other. I do it all the time on a slant 50 with a 10" chuck and a 16c collet nose.

if worse comes to worse Use a impact driver to UNloosen it ONLY then throw the impact in the garbage.
put anti sieze on the bolts and never use a impact to tighten them.

For my lathe I took a piece of bar and welded 2 pins to it that fit in the collet chuck holes to use as a locking wrench.

Did you put a S on your M19? for mine its say M19S100 or S whatever.

Isn't UNloosen, the same as tighten though? ...

Back