Brother Speedio Remote MPG - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 79
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    5,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5521
    Likes (Received)
    3736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
    There was no discount on your whole purchase?
    I'm not sure. I do know it was a demo model, and we added some options to it like the 16k dual contact.
    Either way,if/when we buy another one I'll tell the boss to not get that spray gun option.
    A broken off broomstick is a lot cheaper and more effective.

  2. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Posts
    274
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    82
    Likes (Received)
    132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
    As in the pump continues to run even when coolant is not running inside the machine.
    That's what I figured, the coolant pump is on but there hasn't been an M08 to open the solenoid to the nozzles in the cabinet. So why does our shop added wash gun work great and everyone hate their factory system? It's just odd.

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1680
    Likes (Received)
    1591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTT View Post
    That's what I figured, the coolant pump is on but there hasn't been an M08 to open the solenoid to the nozzles in the cabinet. So why does our shop added wash gun work great and everyone hate their factory system? It's just odd.
    Not everyone hates it. We have two posters here who are unhappy and I do not have an answer on why they don't see the value.

  5. Likes LOTT liked this post
  6. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9352
    Likes (Received)
    9151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
    Not everyone hates it. We have two posters here who are unhappy and I do not have an answer on why they don't see the value.
    If I am one of the un-happy ones? I am not really un-happy. When I bought my 650 I ordered it without because I figured I wouldn't like it.
    I kind of inherited the one in the 450. And, I ordered the S300 without for the same reason as the 650.
    I'm not "unhappy". I'm just calling it like it is. It is a terrible option (piss poor function) at a ludicrous price.
    I can't see the value because I spent about $40 at ACE Hardware and put together TWO wash-down hoses on my R650 that outperform the factory wash-down on my R450 (only one for $600 mind you), by such a large margin it actually IS funny.
    I can piss harder than the factory set-up. Where my dirt-cheap set-up will actually move some chips around.
    I knew it would be bad. But, I did not know just how bad until I tried to use the one in the 450 for the first time.

    It's not your fault. We are just kinda warning people, the Brother installed wash-down hose sucks.

    If you want to add options? Here are three useful ones to consider: MPG, spindle override, and a condition beacon.
    The funny thing is, they really shouldn't be options at Brother's price point on these machines.

    Signed,
    A happy Brother owner

  7. Likes Mtndew liked this post
  8. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1680
    Likes (Received)
    1591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    If I am one of the un-happy ones? I am not really un-happy. When I bought my 650 I ordered it without because I figured I wouldn't like it.
    I kind of inherited the one in the 450. And, I ordered the S300 without for the same reason as the 650.
    I'm not "unhappy". I'm just calling it like it is. It is a terrible option (piss poor function) at a ludicrous price.
    I can't see the value because I spent about $40 at ACE Hardware and put together TWO wash-down hoses on my R650 that outperform the factory wash-down on my R450 (only one for $600 mind you), by such a large margin it actually IS funny.
    I can piss harder than the factory set-up. Where my dirt-cheap set-up will actually move some chips around.
    I knew it would be bad. But, I did not know just how bad until I tried to use the one in the 450 for the first time.

    It's not your fault. We are just kinda warning people, the Brother installed wash-down hose sucks.

    If you want to add options? Here are three useful ones to consider: MPG, spindle override, and a condition beacon.
    The funny thing is, they really shouldn't be options at Brother's price point on these machines.
    I will come by this week and you can show me the difference. I always am looking for better answerss.

    Andy
    Last edited by 2outof3; 02-26-2021 at 08:34 PM.

  9. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
  10. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    293
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTT View Post
    As in the wash gun has it's own pump? We hooked in a T down at the coolant tank and ran a hose up for a spray nozzle, works like a champ. Maybe $60 total off McMaster, including nice heavy hose, brass fittings, and nozzle.
    .
    I did the exact same thing with Mcmaster parts.. Works great. That tiny pump can move some flow. Regarding the MPG, Mine never leave the holder. I guess I've just gotten so used to it, I can do all the functions blind and just by feel of the switches. That is pricey for the MPG, but at least it's metal and not a plastic POS.

  11. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Posts
    587
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    123
    Likes (Received)
    185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    If you want to add options? Here are three useful ones to consider: MPG, spindle override, and a condition beacon.
    Spindle override is an option? Seriously?

  12. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Posts
    2,175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    894
    Likes (Received)
    2760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Spindle override is an option? Seriously?
    Yes. All this stuff is optional because the vast majority of Speedios are going into production halls in Asia where things like an MPG or spindle override are not just unnecessary, but letting operators futz with them is a problem. In most of these halls, the managers would have MPGs, and plug them in as-needed for setup or troubleshooting.

    Personally, I think Yamazen should just order all machines with them to the point where US customers don't even know they are an option. As it stands, they tend to throw them on the sales quote then zero out the charges with the Discount line at the bottom.

  13. Likes 2outof3 liked this post
  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    582

    Default

    I moved my encoder to where it doesn't need to be taken off the hook. No risk of dropping this way.

    brother-mpg.jpg

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Deal View Post
    I moved my encoder to where it doesn't need to be taken off the hook. No risk of dropping this way.

    brother-mpg.jpg
    Why use the mpg if it’s right next to the control?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  16. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1680
    Likes (Received)
    1591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gkoenig View Post
    Yes. All this stuff is optional because the vast majority of Speedios are going into production halls in Asia where things like an MPG or spindle override are not just unnecessary, but letting operators futz with them is a problem. In most of these halls, the managers would have MPGs, and plug them in as-needed for setup or troubleshooting.

    Personally, I think Yamazen should just order all machines with them to the point where US customers don't even know they are an option. As it stands, they tend to throw them on the sales quote then zero out the charges with the Discount line at the bottom.
    I don't sell most of the machines I spec with Spindle Override. Because spindles should run at highest RPM availabe. Just a small bit of tongue in my cheek there. If most of your parts are aluminum, than no real need to fuss with the spindle override. If you are making 99% of your programs off line, than no good reason to fuss with spindle override. And as you stated, most Brothers make one part their entire life. At least half of those coming into the US are of that type of appliations. No reason, in fact could be dangerous having spindle override. We already discussed wash gun. We have had many conversatins on work lights here. So what would be standard? Even the MPG can be moved from machine to machine.

    Here are things we order as standard that are not standard.

    Any RPM other than 10k non HT
    Coolant tanks and all the other stuff like pumps.
    A USB port.
    An ethernet connection

  17. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9352
    Likes (Received)
    9151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmurray70 View Post
    Spindle override is an option? Seriously?
    You think that is bad?! Okuma Genos M560: cutter-comp is an option! yea, really

  18. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9352
    Likes (Received)
    9151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2outof3 View Post
    I don't sell most of the machines I spec with Spindle Override. Because spindles should run at highest RPM availabe. Just a small bit of tongue in my cheek there. If most of your parts are aluminum, than no real need to fuss with the spindle override. If you are making 99% of your programs off line, than no good reason to fuss with spindle override. And as you stated, most Brothers make one part their entire life. At least half of those coming into the US are of that type of appliations. No reason, in fact could be dangerous having spindle override. We already discussed wash gun. We have had many conversatins on work lights here. So what would be standard? Even the MPG can be moved from machine to machine.

    Here are things we order as standard that are not standard.

    Any RPM other than 10k non HT
    Coolant tanks and all the other stuff like pumps.
    A USB port.
    An ethernet connection
    After living with mine, even in the environment you depict (long term production of one part, if anybody here knows my shop/situation, it is you),
    The two things I feel should be standard that are not: the MPG (obviously), and a condition beacon. This one actually chaps my ass a little bit.
    Even in my tiny shop, having to walk across the shop to see if the damn thing is running, is a royal PITA. (walk across the shop = navigate a maze)
    The spindle is so quiet, you cant hear it over everything else. In an R machine, you cant look at the wire chase to see if it is dancing around.
    I have wasted more time walking to where I can see the cycle-start/feed-hold buttons to check if it still running than I care to remember.
    When you are by yourself trying to keep 3? 4? 5? spindles going, this sucks. For Christ's sake, put a beacon on the dang thing.
    I can see your reasoning for the spindle-override. But, they really need a beacon. Esp. the R machines.

  19. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,054
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    9352
    Likes (Received)
    9151

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ripperj View Post
    Why use the mpg if it’s right next to the control?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Because doing a set-up, or even just jogging the thing around with buttons sucks.

  20. Likes Pete Deal liked this post
  21. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    582

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Because doing a set-up, or even just jogging the thing around with buttons sucks.
    And it's quicker, and I don't need to look at the encoder to use it. I can look at the work or probe.

  22. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
  23. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,387
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    32
    Likes (Received)
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Because doing a set-up, or even just jogging the thing around with buttons sucks.
    I didn’t notice that there is no MPG knob on the control?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  24. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Posts
    5,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    275
    Likes (Received)
    1880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ripperj View Post
    I didn’t notice that there is no MPG knob on the control?
    The control has pushbuttons with selectable increments and rates. Not quite the same as an MPG with knobs and a dial.

    Regards.

    Mike

  25. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    809
    Likes (Received)
    582

    Default

    No. None on the control.

  26. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    2,135
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1680
    Likes (Received)
    1591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    After living with mine, even in the environment you depict (long term production of one part, if anybody here knows my shop/situation, it is you),
    The two things I feel should be standard that are not: the MPG (obviously), and a condition beacon. This one actually chaps my ass a little bit.
    Even in my tiny shop, having to walk across the shop to see if the damn thing is running, is a royal PITA. (walk across the shop = navigate a maze)
    The spindle is so quiet, you cant hear it over everything else. In an R machine, you cant look at the wire chase to see if it is dancing around.
    I have wasted more time walking to where I can see the cycle-start/feed-hold buttons to check if it still running than I care to remember.
    When you are by yourself trying to keep 3? 4? 5? spindles going, this sucks. For Christ's sake, put a beacon on the dang thing.
    I can see your reasoning for the spindle-override. But, they really need a beacon. Esp. the R machines.
    I recommend an auto-door for an R machine. If the door is open, feed the beast.

  27. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1260
    Likes (Received)
    673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    After living with mine, even in the environment you depict (long term production of one part, if anybody here knows my shop/situation, it is you),
    The two things I feel should be standard that are not: the MPG (obviously), and a condition beacon. This one actually chaps my ass a little bit.
    Even in my tiny shop, having to walk across the shop to see if the damn thing is running, is a royal PITA. (walk across the shop = navigate a maze)
    The spindle is so quiet, you cant hear it over everything else. In an R machine, you cant look at the wire chase to see if it is dancing around.
    I have wasted more time walking to where I can see the cycle-start/feed-hold buttons to check if it still running than I care to remember.
    When you are by yourself trying to keep 3? 4? 5? spindles going, this sucks. For Christ's sake, put a beacon on the dang thing.
    I can see your reasoning for the spindle-override. But, they really need a beacon. Esp. the R machines.
    There's ways to add a condition beacon.
    I think mine came from flea bay. Just gotta do a little bit of wiring. A guy from Yamazen was very helpful (beyond expectations) to me in getting them set up. You have to do a small amount of mapping in the control.
    Want me to look at the outputs? I don't want to commit that guy that helped me to helping you.

  28. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •