What's new
What's new

Brother TC 215

Ombodi

Plastic
Mindenkit üdvözlök.
Nemrég vettem egy Brother Tc 215 készüléket. 38051042_1476095785823734_9218974763437785088_n.jpg
Nagyon jó és praktikus gépnek tartom.

Unfortunately, the machine came with a CRT error.
I turned on the machine, but nothing appeared on the display.39991091_259414634681678_48318674137776128_n.jpg

We managed to find a solution to the problem.
On Ebay I found a monitor that simply replaces the old CRT.TFT monitor az Ebay-ról.jpg

39799539_1244712499004197_6169117816533286912_n.jpg

Why?
It was a long time ago.
Accurate!
I am 46 years old. :Ithankyou:
Am I also a museum piece? :confused:

Man I am and also have a TC-225. Is that the Conversational cnc-400 control? Let me know if you locate any post processor/ mill path programming software. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm just starting to learn to use it.
It's a bit complicated to program it.
How long have you been using the Brother machine?
What are your experiences?

Unfortunately it has been a struggle. My background is Fagor, Fadal, Haas mostly. All G-Code. This conversational control has its +/-s The drill, tap sequencing and preset parameters is great. Developing a cutter path for milling is a nightmare. You almost need to think in reverse stack order when setting up. Almost like using a renishaw probe minus the probe. I've read the manual cover to cover feels like a dozen times. I have 3 jobs I've spent countless hours programming. But now that they're done, the machine does as intended. So I'll lend a hand when I can. Good luck. The machine prefers to figure out its negative values.

clarification for people dropping in. the machines being discussed here are 25 to 30 years old with a completely different conversational only control that bears practically zero resemblance to a new Brother or even one from the last 20 years.

Last edited:
Hello Johneezreno,

My English is not too good, but if I understand well, You can help me.
This means a lot to me. Thank you very much! :)

Besides my bad English is also a problem, I got the user manual,which is written in angles, but my machine communicates in German...
So this makes my job very difficult.. :(

I think, it would be better to communicate via e-mail. My e-mail address is [email protected].

Hi johneezreno,
Unfortunately, my English is not very good.
Please repeat your writing, a little more divided.
I'm struggling with the knowledge of the machine.
The manual is English, the machine is chewing on German and I am Hungarian ...
It's not easy.

Machine Difficult. I help possible. Let me know what you need.
bc4a7f35901607aeed4bf21b207eb445.jpg

I'll look in manual to see how to change control language.

If possible.

Taking tools, loading the magazine is good and the tool change too.
The preparation of the program I'm learning now.

clarification for people dropping in. the machines being discussed here are 25 to 30 years old with a completely different conversational only control that bears practically zero resemblance to a new Brother or even one from the last 20 years.

To add to this...

The Brother machines from this time frame were targeted toward hole making only. Milling ops were intended to allow simple facing operations. They were fast for the day and featured rigid tapping to 4k RPM. This was at least 5 years before more mainstream CNC controls began showing up with rigid tapping.

If you are thinking you can make a capable CNC mill out of it, you are going to need to retrofit the control and probably new servos. At that point, it becomes very, very questionable as to the value. For the home hobby guy it could be worth it. For anyone hoping to make a buck, you would be better off moving along.

Unfortunately I agree with last comment to the extent of. If you have a repeat job or 2 that can machine purposed, then set her off in the corner to use when the repeats come in.
PS. Didn't get the chance to look into language settings yet. I'll try for tonight.

Back