What's new
What's new

Brother tc-228 parameter issues

canuk

Plastic
The machine has been disconnected for a long time, battery died and I bought it this way.
I get a 1067 Parity (parameter) error and nothing will move on any axis. I have a hard copy and see discrepancies in the system parameters but am unable to edit them. I am in MODE: MDI and DATA SET, the value flashes but when I enter the correct value and press enter, nothing happens. I am thinking something will not allow it?
Is there anyone that has had parameter issues before and had to change them? Is this error enough for the machine not to move in manual?

I rarely needed to work on those and the last time I touched one was at least 15 years ago. Best bet would be call Yamazen tech support or maybe someone here with a similar vintage machine can chime in.

You might need to turn the protect button to off

Shut the room lights off and shut camera flash off and take pictures of all your parameter pages and settings so you have a record of original parameters.
This might be very helpful in the near future

I have the protect button off. I also have a hard copy of what parameters should be, I just can't seem to edit those values and I am getting a parity error and the machine won't do anything.

I have the protect button off. I also have a hard copy of what parameters should be, I just can't seem to edit those values and I am getting a parity error and the machine won't do anything.

Try turning the key back and forth several times it might be a sticky protect switch going or is bad.
(You see a lot of three position key switches replaced with just three position turn switches.)
Maybe ohm the switch to see if it is working properly.
Or spend the money to have a tech look at it (If you can find one).
I have a 227 and these are simple machines to fix, you just gotta be more relaxed about trouble shooting them.
I called my local brother dealer and they told me they have no experience with the 227 and told me what to look at that might fail. They even Emailed me with pictures to look at. Is that service or what? I would definitely buy a new one hands down.

Just spent an hour on the phone with a Yamazen tech. Still can't fix the error. I cannot seem to input anything and have it enter. I type it in , press enter and it dissapears but the value does not change, can't even change a tool length or diameter offset. I will buy some electric spray and spray the protect off and interlock switches, check them with a meter. Seems like there is something preventing me from entering values??

Just spent an hour on the phone with a Yamazen tech. Still can't fix the error. I cannot seem to input anything and have it enter. I type it in , press enter and it dissapears but the value does not change, can't even change a tool length or diameter offset. I will buy some electric spray and spray the protect off and interlock switches, check them with a meter. Seems like there is something preventing me from entering values??

Are you pushing the right F button (F0,F1,F2 don't know which off the top my head) when you leave the page to save your settings?
Do you have a set of owners manuals?

The machine has been disconnected for a long time, battery died and I bought it this way.
I get a 1067 Parity (parameter) error and nothing will move on any axis. I have a hard copy and see discrepancies in the system parameters but am unable to edit them. I am in MODE: MDI and DATA SET, the value flashes but when I enter the correct value and press enter, nothing happens. I am thinking something will not allow it?
Is there anyone that has had parameter issues before and had to change them? Is this error enough for the machine not to move in manual?
Any luck? Do you by chance have a parameter sheet or schematics?

Back