What's new
What's new

Brother TC-32BN QT Macro Variables

bradt887

Plastic
Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster here.

My shop has a Brother TC-32BN QT with the B00 controller. I'm currently working on a batch of programs for it and have encountered a question the manuals and my coworker have been unable to answer, or at least I have not been able to find the answer.

We have the automatic rotating pallet, which we run continuously. We also often run with two identical programs for each side of the pallet. My thought has been that rather than running two identical programs - we could consolidate to one that could identify which side of the pallet is currently in the machining area and adjust work offsets and such accordingly. The machine logic obviously has a way to determine this as it is used to determine which program to run, but I have been unable to find any reference to variables available to macros or a way to read parameter values that would return a value that could be used to determine this.

Any insight, experience, or direction would be appreciated. Thanks!

There is a chapter in the NC programming manual on Macros. There is a chapter in the Installation manual on external input and output signals (hardware) and a chapter in the operation Data manual with details on the mappable external i/o signals. As I recall you can map an output to be active when Pallet 1 is in (PFIN1?). This is a 24vdc output. You can connect that to the coil of a relay and have the relay contacts trigger a mappable input mapped to say #1001. Then in your program have a line at the top that says IF#1001EQ1 GOTO... I am sure there are many other ways to accomplish this as well.

Thank you BrotherFrank! I have the Programming and Data manuals, and that was exactly the track I was on based on those - the missing link being the Installation manual and electrical aspects. I'll be searching for that sometime today.

Back